Life shows that the majority of applicants choose a school by chance: to study together with a friend, on the advice of parents or relatives. As a result, more than a half of graduates do not work in their chosen specialty. In addition, many students seek to obtain a diploma after all for success in the future profession. That is why it is so important not to make a mistake with a choice of college. Students are always looking for some professionals to complete their academic assignments – AU PapersOwl is the service that will help you at any time.
According to the results of the research, the process of choosing a University often begins 1-2 years before admission (42% of respondents). Others take less time to make a decision. 20% begin to search for a suitable school for six months a year, 17% – less than six months before admission, 13% for 2-3 years. A final decision is also, most often (in 29% of cases), taken earlier than a year. However, 20% of applicants are finally determined at the time of receipt.
The main criteria for choosing a school according to the respondents are:
- Availability of interesting directions of preparation and profiles (43%),
- Cost of training (25%),
- Prospects for further employment (24%),
- Number of foreign languages studied (20%),
- Convenient location (19%),
- Well-known and well-recognized brand (18%),
- Contacts with foreign universities and organizations (15%),
- Form of studying (10%).
More than half of students (57%) are trying to enroll in several universities at the same time, 20% arrive first at one University, and in case of failure try their chance in other places. 23% are focused on admission to only one educational institution. In case of failure in exams, 62% of respondents try to enter another University, 18% – to another direction of the same University, 9% indicated that they would enter the same University in a year.
Practical Advice On Choosing A Place To Study
How to make the right choice? Everyone who faces the problem of admission to an educational institution relies on the certain information. Let’s see what you should pay attention to when choosing a suitable place to study than to be guided, what information will be important to you:
Visit the University Open Days. At this time, all Universities are as open as possible. You can meet with the head of an Institute and all audiences are open. You can walk through hallways, feel the atmosphere and determine whether you want to study in it. It is necessary to talk with teachers, ask for a training program. Also, during such Open Day, you can learn about sports sections, cultural life of an Institute, which is also important for the learning process. And finally, you can ask about where graduates of a particular school are arranged after studying for work – as a rule, most campuses keep similar statistics.
Check out the Institute’s website on the Internet. Currently, almost all higher education schools have their own website on the Internet, which hosts a lot of useful information. Their training programs and specified teachers – their names, experience. On educational sites are detailed all the rules of admission to a particular school: which documents must be submitted, in what period, how to pass the entrance exams, process of admission, etc.
Look for forums and chat rooms of students of the Institute. Look for the place where students express their opinions about the Institute, about studying in it, about certain subjects, about the attitude to students. On these forums, you can find a variety of sometimes-contradictory information, but they are interesting because you can draw your own conclusions and ask your questions.
Talk to some of the students who are already studying at this University. The best way to find out new information is to talk with the graduates that have already studied at this Institute to give a comprehensive description. As a rule, rarely will any of them refuse to talk about their Institute and if you have time to talk with him/her with a cup of coffee, you will learn a lot from informal communication. Thus, this is a possibility to consider. Students tell what you will not read in the manuals: what atmosphere reigns in a University, how good their teachers are, how strict requirements are, what interesting activities or opportunities an institute offers, how many students were able to get a job after their studies, etc.
Gather all the information you can find. These are advertising booklets, reference books produced by a school itself, and reference information, which is indicated about this Institute on the Internet and in other reference books for those entering universities. These are samples of those works that students perform in this University, and collections of tasks that they solve, as well as samples of last year’s entrance examinations, tests, and proposed tasks. This will determine the required level of the University and compare with their level of training.
These are the Main recommendations for future students who are looking for a higher education school. Most important not to focus on the high name of the school/college, but on what kind of training it provides or how this specialty is interesting to you and in demand in society.