Are you using dishwasher to clean your kitchen utensils? Do you know dishwasher cleans your utensils but dishwasher itself requires proper cleaning services? If you don’t clean your dishwasher, you will see mold and bacteria growing on its walls and racks. You will also detect an unpleasant smell.
If you want cleaning services to clean your dishwasher, you must know how to clean dishwasher? There are many questions which may arise in one’s mind while using dishwasher on regularly basis. For example: why we need to clean the dishwasher? How to clean dishwasher filter? How to clean inside of dishwasher? How to clean stainless steel dish washer? How to clean a smelly dishwasher? When to clean your dishwasher? You don’t need to worry to collect answers of these question because this article contains answers of your each question.
Why we need to clean a dishwasher?
There are many reasons to clean a dishwasher. Some of them are discussed here. Grease, food particles, germs soaps create a build up over time in the dishwasher. These substances cause clogging the drain and cause dishwasher to work less efficiently. If you live in such area where water is hard then there are many chances of coating of lime scale on the surface of your machine. Dirty dishwasher can start to smell and that smell often transfers to your kitchen utensils. We have cleaning services to clean dishwasher to avoid clogging of spray arm which provides hot and cold water to clean out dishes properly.
When to clean dishwasher?
It depends on efficiency of your dishwasher. When you observe that efficiency of dishwasher is less than the normal then you should check either it is dirty or clean. If it is dirty and smelly; you should cleaning services your dishwasher. Some technicians recommend to clean it once in a month. There are some sign of dirty dishwasher e.g. when the dishwasher is dirty you notice red or yellow color due to rust in the tub of dishwasher, strained noise of dishes during operation, white buildup on the sides of dishwasher, dirty water pool in the bottom, mold and bacterial growth due to standing water, and unpleasant odor etc. To solve these problems you have to clean your dishwasher properly after regular intervals of time.
Methods to clean dishwasher:
There are different methods to clean dishwasher which are given below:
- This is very simple and easy to learn how to clean dishwasher with vinegar. This is the most effective method to clean your dishwasher. First of all you have to empty dishwasher to clean it. Remove the bottom rack very carefully. Remove all the large particles of food from the dishwasher drain. Then locate the filter. Filter is cylindrical tube on the floor of your dishwasher which may be lock to its place or not. Every model of dishwasher has different shapes and sizes of filter. Wash the filter through warm and soapy water and rinse thoroughly. If the colloidal pieces of food still remain in the filter then you can use brush to get rid of these particles. If the filter and drain of dishwasher are cleaned then put back to their places properly.
- Pour one cup of white vinegar into a container and place it into top washing rank of the dishwasher. Vinegar will help to disinfect the dishwasher. Container should be safe to use in dishwasher.
- Take about 200 g baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) and sprinkle into the bottom of dishwasher. It will absorb unpleasant odor and leave the dishwasher smelling good.
- After sprinkling baking soda, press the high temperature cycle on the front of dish washer and let it run for few minutes. After few minutes pause the cycle and open the door. The baking soda and vinegar will start to work and will remove unpleasant smell. Then complete the cycle.
- Door seal should also be clean through a cloth wet with white vinegar. You can also remove food debris from dishwasher racks through vinegar.
Dishwasher cleaner contains attractants which reduce water tension and remove oily residue from the inside of the dishwasher. They have high concentration of acid which breakdown lime scale present on the walls of dishwasher. There are different types of dishwasher cleaner available in market. You should purchase a high quality dish washer cleaner to clean your utensils. u can search cleaner services near me for dish washer cleaner.
If the strains are hard and not removed by dishwasher cleaner then you can use borax to get rid of strains. Sprinkle the borax on the bottom of your dishwasher. It will clean you dishwasher and give it a fresh look. It is safe to use with dishes.
You can also use bleach to clean your dishwasher. Bleach is effective to kill mold and bacteria present on the bottom and walls of dishwasher. If the inside of your dishwasher is stainless steel then don’t use bleach method.
Preventive measures to clean dishwasher:
- Always use a dishwasher cleaner or detergent which is approved to use for automatic machines. Don’t use soap which is designed for other washing purposes because it may cause clogging in spray arm and filter of dishwasher.
- Always run hot water before starting your dishwasher. If you don’t run hot water it will disturb your working cycle because cold water will take time to be hot in the dishwasher. Hot water performs best to clean your dishes.
- Try to refill rinse aid dispenser roughly one time in a month. It breaks the larger particles of food and grease which cause clogging of drain and filter in dishwasher. However, it is not used when your water supply has been treated for hard water.
- The maximum inlet pressure of water is 1 Mega pascal. Make sure pressure should not exceed this limit. The door of the dishwasher should not be left open because this could increase the chance of tripping. Your dishwasher should be un plug when you start cleaning it.