AVG Protection Antivirus (stands for Anti-Virus Guard) is one of the antivirus software developed by the AVG technologies for offering a protection guard to the users’ device against all the online threats like spyware or malware. The AVG Antivirus software is available to its users of different platforms like Android, Mac, iOS and Windows in trial as well as paid versions. All the trial and paid versions remains valid for a particular period of time, and after the completion of period the product gets expired. As a result of the expiration of the trial versions, the users need to purchase a new paid subscription of the AVG products. Thus, in the below information, I am going to detail some easiest ways for resuming the AVG protection after its expiration.
As the AVG trial version gets expired, an expiration message as shown below is received by the users on their trial version of the AVG software:
“You have lost your AVG protection!
Your AVG protection has expired.”
In order to resume to the AVG protection by adopting either of the two options detailed below:
- The users may renew the AVG antivirus Trial Version by purchasing its new license.
- Else, the users may uninstall the trial version and install the AVG Antivirus Free so as to shield their device and data with the basic protection features.
By following the stepwise procedure mentioned below, the users may easily switch their AVG trial version to the AVG Antivirus Free version:
Part 1: Uninstall the AVG trial version:
- Click the “Start” button on the taskbar for launching the “Start” menu.
- Now, from the start menu, click the “Control Panel” option.
- After this, the control panel window will be displayed to the users.
- Now, choose the “Program and Features” option on the control panel window.
- And then, click the “Uninstall a program” option.
- A list of all the programs that has been installed to the users’ device will be displayed on the screen.
- From this list, choose the “AVG” option and then, tap the “Uninstall” option.
Part 2: Switch to AVG Antivirus Free:
- After the uninstalling the AVG, tap the “Switch to AVG Antivirus Free” option.
- Now, the AVG installer will execute for downloading the free version of the AVG to the users’ device.
- Open the downloaded AVG Antivirus Free installed and tap the “Install” button, when prompted.
- Wait till the AVG Antivirus Free gets successfully installed to the device.
- After installing the setup, execute the AVG Antivirus Free for protecting the device with basic protection.
(Important Note: After installing the AVG Antivirus Free, the users need to activate it. For getting the stepwise procedure of activating the AVG, the users may visit the AVG.com/Retail.)
If the users face any difficulty while performing the aforementioned stepwise procedure for resuming their AVG Antivirus protection then, they may call the AVG retail registration, to get an instant support.