T-shirts are basically everyone’s favorite that anyone will hardly throw the ones that are full of holes or ripped. The first thing noticed on the T-shirt is its design and they become a part of your identity. Therefore, if you have a concept of printing T-shirts for business promotion or to commemorate special events or earn money then there will be several aspects to consider.
Determine the purpose
Reasons for customizing T-shirts does not matter but little branding is crucial. For example, T-shirts for marketing purpose means branding is main goal. T-shirts for special use like bachelorette party means chosen message or design needs to communicate clearly. Therefore, write the list of main styles, personality traits, and themes you wish your branded shirts need to convey. For example, is your brand—–?
- Edgy or conservative
- Serious or playful
- Affordable or luxurious
A well-focused T-shirt design will resolve all the above questions with just a glance. Take into consideration authentic quantifiable data like who your target consumers are? Which traits about your brand consumers prefer?
Define budget and quantity
Budget and quantity definition will help to decide the number of colors to choose. In addition, depending on printing technique extra colors may add to cost. If budget is limited then the best way to save is using less colors. Shirt quantity will also influence printing technique. Some techniques are perfect for bulk printing, while a few can be costly for small orders. Professionals at T shirt printing Singapore will help to turn your design concept into reality.
Be familiar with printing options
To choose an appropriate printing method, you will need to consider the essential factors like materials, production time, appearance, and cost.
- Screen printing
Pros – Has good printing standard, high quality, affordable and perfect for bulk orders.
Cons – New film is needed for each new color, so colorful images turn out to be costly.
- Vinyl graphics
Pros – High quality design and very durable.
Cons – Costs more because of extra colors and not ideal for bulk orders.
- Direct printing on garment
Pros – Designs are highly customizable offering extensive color choices and more detailing.
Cons – ideal for small batches and does not look good on dark colored fabrics.
Tips to brainstorm design concept
Designs can go in myriads of different directions. Below are some brainstorming tips that will help you concentrate on creativity.
- Identify your intended goal and target audience prior determining right kind of T-shirt. For e.g. revealing crop top may not be ideal for law firm promotion.
- Start design sketching on 18”x18” canvas then place this physically on the selected T-shirt, so as to get the proportion right.
- Before finalizing the design consider how it will appear on small and large sized shirts because in case of screen-printing technique different sizes will need different screens that can add to the costs.
- Your designs will also be displayed on lumpy bumpy bodies, so think about uncomplicated flat designs because you are not aware where the parts of image will land.
- The chosen fonts need to define your brand clearly. T-shirts offer opportunities to play with crazy fonts but remember readability aspect necessary for communicating brand message.
Make sure to hire a professional for the T-shirt designing project instead of learning appropriate graphic designing.