If you want to add a stately feel to your home without going overboard, an antique clock can be the perfect addition. It not only enhances the aesthetics of your home in leaps and bounds, but also has a purpose and functionality. However, if you do not have one as an heirloom, you need to think about procuring one! And even if you do have an antique clock as a family heirloom, why just stick to one?!
There are so many kinds of clocks you can find, like grandfather clock, cuckoo clock or skeleton clock in Australia from CuckooClock Nest, and other reputed stores. But, to add an heirloom to your family, you need to know how to sieve out an original one from an open market, that also has many fakes. Experts are willing to share some tips to finding an authentic antique – read on!
How can you find an authentic antique Clock?
Finding an authentic antique watch is no matter of joke! You need to know the nitty-gritty of each period and much more. If you have any doubts about what to do, here are some things you need to do. A little homework can ensure that you find a beautiful antique clock that is completely genuine:
1. Research on the Maker: You will need to read up and then research about the different kinds of makers. You will need to search and find the name of different makers. This can be engraved, printed or pasted as a paper label in the clock. It can help you understand whether it is from a reputed maker or not. To know about the maker, you can look:
- At the centre face of the dial
- Around the edge of the dial’s face and may even be covered by the bezel.
- On the clock’s back plate
- On the back of the clock
- On the inner side of the clocks case
2. Decide on the Style: Once you know the maker you want the clock from, you can then think about the style and type of clock. The various types of clocks include:
- Grandfather Clock
- Mantel Clock
- Cuckoo Clock
- Weather Houses
- Skeleton Clock
- Westminster Wall Clock
You could also search online! It will provide you with an idea about the look of the clock. May it be a mantel clock or cuckoo clock, online you will be able to find numerous options and designs! This will show you the exact design and enlighten you on what features can help you differentiate between authentic and fake!
3. Search for a Reputed Clock Store or Antique Dealer: For this part, you will have to read up on reviews and testimonials. Only when you have a reputed source on your side, you shall be able to find a genuine collector’s item! Once you zero in on a dealer or store, ask for references. Call up the references they provide, and ask them about their experience. If possible, set up a meeting to view the antiquity they purchased. Make a purchase only when you are absolutely sure.
We can only help you this much! After this part, you will have to think about many more aspects. So, you must ensure that you have an expert by your side in the form of an experienced store staff or dealer. You can just read up over the internet or at the library! But an expert has handled numerous genuine clocks. So, it is obvious that they know the smallest details of each kind of clock and features that make it a collector’s item. Take their help and you will be able to proudly own a clock that is a bona fide antique!