Microsoft Office is one of the leading American Multi-national Company, known for manufacturing, developing, licensing, supporting and selling- computers, software, hardware, and many other products. The office suite has won millions of hearts over the decades, with its new upgraded features. Now the latest version of Office 365, which is introduced in the market, is available for all the users from home to business.
Office 2016 can be accessed through desktop and is the newest version of the Office Productivity suite. The new version is same as the old version, that the user won’t get accessed to the new features unless and until they install the new version of the office. On the other hand Office, 365 is a cloud-based Subscription to the Office suite of programs including Office 2016. And the user can get to access to the new features as soon as it is available.
The Office suit gets compatible with many devices and runs on Windows, Windows 10, Mac OS, iOS, and Android. Usually, the user doesn’t face any issues working in Office suit, especially in Office 2016 or Office 365. The latest versions of Office setup -Office 365 and Office 2016, both needs to be activated by logging into Office 365 account.
But sometimes the user may face certain common issues on the error of activation or un-licensed products such as Word, Excel, Access, Power point, Publisher, One Note, Outlook, and many more. The Error message as displayed on the screen is: “Un-licensed Product” or “Product Deactivated” or “We ‘re sorry, something went wrong and we can’t do this for you right now. Please try again later”.
Below provided are the steps for successfully re-activation of Office 365 or Office 2016. They are as follows-
Step 1- Repairing Office 2016 or Office 365
- In Windows 7 or Windows 8, search for the Control Panel, and click on it. Then click on Programs, followed by Programs and Features.
- In Office 365 Pro Plus, go to Uninstall or Change a program page. Select the Change option and select Office 365 ProPlus-en-us.
- After clicking on Office 365 ProPlus-en-us, a pop-up message will display on the screen. Select Quick repair out of the options provided to you. And then click on the button Repair.
Please note- If it doesn’t repair from here, you need to try Online Repair. Still, if it’s not working follow Step 2.
- In Windows 10, right-click on the Start button and select Control Panel from the list.
- Select Uninstall a program, from the Category view, under Programs.
- To repair, click on the MS-Office product and select Change.
Please note- If you have Office setup or suite such as Office 365 Home, Office Home and Student 2013 or 2016. Then search for the suite name, even if you want to repair a particular application, such as Word or Excel.
If you have a complete application, such as Word or Excel, search for the application name.
- Now, select Online Repair, from the How would you like to repair your Office Programs screen, to make sure everything gets fixed. After that select Repair from the option.
- Select Quick Repair, which runs, detects and replaces the corrupted files.
- On selecting Online Repair, it will take time but it will uninstall and repair, fully.
Step 2- Re-install Office 365 or Office 2016
- Visit Office.com/setup
- On the provided option of fill up the Office setup Product key code, enter your activation
Code, from the previously purchased Office keycode.
- In the Account page of Office setup, choose from the options between Sign-
in or Sign-up. Go through with the further instructions to follow up the next steps.
- You need to click on Download link, to download the product for your system.
- Before you move to the next step, wait for your system, to do with downloading.
- Now you need to launch the Office product on your system.
- Click on Office Account, from any of the Office products.
- Then click on Manage Account, to sign in to the account of Office 365 or Office 2016
- After you get into the page, navigate to software and click on Install option.
- The download file needs to be opened, by clicking on it. This will eventually start Office 365 re-install.
Follow this link for more information Office.com/setup