Whenever you find out a leaking pipe, stopping it from leaking should be your top proprieties. Because ignoring the leak will worsen the situation. Here we have listed Temporary and permanent method to fix leaking pipes. There are multiple ways by which you can fix leaking pipes and the right plumbing agency obviously has a major role to play in this. The right pipe types and materials are needed to keep the pipes in running order.
Here Are Some Temporary Solution For Fix Leaking Pipes
If you have witnessed any leakage in your pipe in odd hours, and you want to fix the leaking pipe temporarily before an actual plumber can arrive here are some simple steps to follow.
First step: Very first thing to do when you spot a leak in your pipe is to shut of the water valve. This will not only prevent your water wastage but will also prevent further damage and rusting.
Second step: Now remove the remaining water in the pipe buy turning on the faucets.
Third step: Once the water is removed, wipe the pipe and let it dry completely.
Fourth Step: Follow any of these two options to seal the leak:
- Stick the pencil tip in the hole that is leaking and then breaking it. This will plug the hole and now you can cover that area using epoxy.
- Another option is you can simply apply the epoxy and avoid the pencil part.
Fifth Step: Now the leak is stopped. You should cover this area rubber or gardening hose. The size of the hose should be two inches bigger than the hole. Hose clamps and tapes are of quite functionality after this, and then you start using final fixing process by including a taping process.
Sixth Steps: Now you have to turn on the water and check if the leak has been stopped or not.
First Step: Measure the length of the pipe that needs to be replaced.
Second Step: Buy all the required items which are:
- Replacement piping (should be same n height and width)
- solder flux
- emery cloth
- silver solder
- Fitting brush
Third Step: Remove all the water by turning on the taps. Make sure to use an air compressor it will eliminate any water that is remaining in the leaky pipe.
Fourth Step: Now remove the damaged pipe using a hacksaw or a pipe cutter.
Fifth Step: Now polish your new and old pipe with the help of emery cloth and fitting brush.
sixth Step: Once it is done apply soldering flux and allow it to cool naturally after you solder the new pipe.
Seventh Step: Now turn on the water and check if the pipe is fixed.
5 Simple Solution To Fix Leaking Pipes
- Pipe clamps: They are temporary solutions to leaking pipes and will hold the water leakage till plumber arrives.
- Epoxy compounds: These compounds are good solution to fix leaking pipes unless they can be replaced. Make sure that the epoxy compounds do not disturb the quality of the pipes and you need to mix them as per the right proportion advised by the plumber.
- Rubber pipe connectors: These connectors are used when the leak is in the joints. They are bit tricky to apply so use them only if you know well what you are doing.
- Pipe wraps: These are very easy to apply and are similar to epoxy. You have to put them in a right place and wait till they dry.
- Repair sleeves: These are very similar to clamps and are used for joints repair. They are great for smaller leaks.
These are some simple solution to fix the leaks, but if you don’t know this job its best to call the professional plumber. The processes of repairing might vary but you need to keep your pipe and the entire plumbing system safe to enhance the overall quality of your drainage system.