McAfee is an American Multi-national – Cyber-Security Company. And McAfee is one of the leading Anti-malware Company that has been winning the millions of user’s heart all through the decades. It also provides products for the different devices and browsers, which has different features and thus can be accessible only after successful activation. McAfee products for devices and browsers are-VirusScan, SiteAdvisor, E-Business Server, Change Control, Anti-Malware Engine Core, and many more.
Although, all McAfee products are similar in appearances but they contain a unique identifier known as SKU. The new McAfee product and the old McAfee product, which you purchased, will be different. It is also possible that the subscription pack has been corrupted.
McAfee Antivirus works very effectively in all the devices and browsers. This makes the users have a very smooth experience with the antivirus app. But sometimes the users may face certain common errors like when you renewed your McAfee subscription then you might have selected different McAfee products than the one you already subscribed before. Purchasing the new McAfee product will be prompted on your screen, unless and until you buy it.
Even if you bought it, prompting won’t stop. This might be confusing for you, as you recently purchased a new product. If the new McAfee product is different from the last one, it will prompt as a warning message following- “Your product will expire soon” or “Your product has expired”.
Below provided are the steps for the successful fixation of McAfee subscription error, after purchasing the renewal. They are as follows:
Step 1- You need to verify that the McAfee product installed on your computer matches with the subscripted product in your McAfee My Account page.
McAfee activate product installed in your computer:
- You need to open your McAfee product in your system. Click on the Navigation button and then click on the Subscription.
- Please note down the expiration date and the email address put up.
. McAfee activate product available in your Subscription list of your McAfee Account:
- Visit mcafee.com/activate
- In the McAfee Account page, choose among Sign in or Sign up option, as per your convenience. Fill up the details as been asked, to move to the next step.
- Now choose your system from the available tabs and check on the expiration date.
Please note –If the expiration date and email address doesn’t match up then uninstall and re-install the product. Please follow the correct steps for successful proceeding.
Before re-installing the McAfee product, make sure you select the recent purchased McAfee product.
If the expiration date and the email address provided are match up. Then follow the next Step.
Step 2-For updating or repairing your Subscription database, you need to run the McSubDBFix repair tool. Depending on the browser-
For Windows (version 7, 8, 8.1 and 10)
- Visit mcafee.com/activate
- In the McAfee account page, choose any from Sign in and Sign up. And fill up the details as per required.
- Click on the Download option and save the downloaded file in your desktop.
- Now run the SubDBFix.exe file in your system.
Please note – For Windows 7, click on the SubDBFix.exe file. Then select Run as Administrator.
- On the pop-up box as displayed on your system. Click Agree or Continue on the security warnings.
- If asked for filling up McAfee Account details like email address and password. Kindly fill up and proceed to the next.
- Select the installed McAfee product on your computer and Click on Next button.
- After the product gets installed completely. Kindly restart your computer.
For Windows XP or Vista
- Visit com/activate
- In the McAfee account page, choose any from Sign in and Sign up, as per your choice. And fill up the details as required.
- Now click on the Download option and save the downloaded file in your desktop.
- Run the SubDBFix.exe file in your computer.
Please note – For Windows Vista, click on the SubDBFix.exe file. Then select Run as Administrator.
- If requested, fill up the McAfee Account details like the email address and password.
- Select the installed McAfee product on your system and Click on Next button.
- After the tool gets installed completely. Kindly restart your computer.
After the Computer gets restart, click on the McAfee icon. Now select Verify Subscription option, followed by Check for Updates.
If you still facing trouble, kindly contact the McAfee Activate Customer Support to get expert advice on your issue(s).