Microsoft Office 2013 is the productivity suite that includes various applications (like MS word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint) and services (like Skype for Business, Yammer). To enjoy all the services and applications of the suite 2013, the users need to follow a chain of process i.e. download >> install >> activate. Sometimes the users may face some issues or errors while activating the Office 2013, one of such activation errors is office 2013 error code 0x4004f00c or 0x4004f00d.
The Microsoft Office 2013 error code 0x4004f00c or 0x4004f00d is mainly caused due to the Corrupted Windows activator files that deal with the licensing and activation of the program on the computer.But there are some other causes of the error like the auto-enabled windows firewall settings that blocks the TCP and some other Microsoft Office may be previously installed on the device.
Follow the solutions mentioned below to resolve the Office 2013 error code 0x4004f00c or 0x4004f00d:
Method 1: Use CS Script for activation
- Select the “Start” button on the taskbar.
- Now, select the “Run” option.
- The users may open the run command by pressing the “Windows +R” keys on the keyboard.
- The Run window will appear on the screen, here type “cmd” and then either press “enter” key or click on “OK” button.
- The cmd window will appear on the screen. In this window, write the script given below without any error:
SKU I D: b13afb38-cd79-4ae5-9f7f-eed058d750ca
LICENSE NAME: OFFICE 15, OfficeStandardVL_KMS_CLIENT edition
LICENSE DESCRIPTION: Office 15, VOLUME_KMSCLIENT channel
LICENSE STATUS: —LICENSED—
REMAINING GRACE: 178 days <257669 minute<s> before expiring>
Last 5 characters of installed product key: 92CD4
Activation type Configuration: ALL
DNS auto-discovery: KMS name not available
KMS machine registry override defined: —-:1688
Activation Internal: 120 minutes
Renewal Interval: 10000 minutes
KMS host caching: Disabled
KMS Lookup Domain: ————–
- CSScript: “%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office 15\ospp.vbs /inpkey:<enter the product key of the purchased Microsoft 2013 package>”
Method 2: Registration of Dynamic Link Library dependencies
- Again, open the run command. (Press Windows +R keys on the keyboard.)
- In the Run window, type “regsvr32 officestart.dll”.
- And then, press “Enter” key.
- By doing so, the missing or unregistered Microsoft Office DLL files will automatically get registered.
Method 3: Disable Firewall blocking TCP 1688
- Click the “Start” button.
- And then, click the “control panel” option.
- Search the “Windows firewall” option, either manually or use the search bar at the top-right corner of the “control panel” window.
- After searching, select the option.
- Here, in the “Private Network Settings” and “Public Network Settings” section, select the “Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended)” option.
- Thus, the Windows firewall will be disabled. Now, try to activate the productivity suite.
After performing the aforementioned solutions, if the users are still facing the Microsoft Office 2013 error code 0x4004f00c or 0x4004f00d then, they may contact the Microsoft Office.com/setup technicians.