Microsoft Office is the Office productivity suite that consists of various applications (like MS Word, MS Access and MS PowerPoint), servers (like Skype for Business Server) and services (like Office Online and Delve). For utilizing these applications and services included in the Office productivity suite, the users need to download, install and then activate the Office setup. Sometimes the users may face some errors while updating or installing Office setup to the device and one of the most common errors is the Microsoft Office Error Code 30068-4.
Installation and updating are the two main processes that make the device ready for the proper functioning or execution of the software by installing all the downloaded files of the software.The Office Error Code 30068-4 is caused due various causes that include network restrictions, firewall restrictions, windows installer error and corrupted system files. The error is also caused if the device has the older version of Office setup pre-installed that is why it has been recommended to uninstall and remove the older versions of Office setup from the device before installing any newer version of it.As the error occurs on the device, a message box is displayed on the screen, showing the message as shown below:
Follow the methods mentioned below for resolving the Office Error Code 30068-4, easily:
Method 1: Temporarily Disable the Firewall:
- Click the “Start” button on the taskbar.
- Now, select the “Control Panel” option.
- In the “Control Panel” window, click the “System and Security” option.
- And then, select the “Windows Firewall” option.
- In the left panel of the “Windows Firewall” window, select the “Turn Windows Firewall on or off” option.
- Now, mark the “Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended)” radio button in both the sections i.e. Private network settings and public network settings.
- At last, click the “OK” button for saving the changes made.
Now, try to update or install the Office setup to the device. If the Office setup is successfully installed or updated, then enable the Windows Firewall again.
Method 2: System File Checking Scan:
(Important note: The command prompt is case sensitive i.e. the upper case ‘D’ is not same as the lower case ‘d’.)
- Firstly, the users need to open the command prompt in administrative privileges. To do so, click the “Start” button and type “cmd” in the start menu search box.
- A black window will appear on the screen.
- In this window, type the command as shown below;
- After this, hit the “Enter” key.
- Now, the scanning process will begin, automatically.
- Wait till the scan gets completed.
- Once the SFC scan gets completed, try to install or update the Office setup on the device to check whether the error code is resolved or not. If the error is not resolved then, follow the steps mentioned in method 3.
Method 3: Remove and Re-install the Office Setup:
- Firstly, click the “Start” button on the taskbar.
- Now, select the “Control Panel” option from the start menu.
- And then, click the “Programs” option.
- After this, select the “Uninstall programs” option.
- Now, a list of the programs that are installed on the device will appear on the screen.
- From this list, search the “Microsoft Office” program.
- Select the “Microsoft Office” and click the “uninstall” option.
- After this, restart the device.
- Now, try re-installing the Office setup to the device.
After performing the aforementioned methods, if the Office Error Code 30068-4 still persists on the device then the users may contact with Microsoft Office.com/Setup technicians, to get an instant guidance for resolving the Office Error Code 30068-4.