Norton error 3048 3 messages could emerge while installation of Symantec software program or running them. This error may also arise when you are setting up the Windows OS or starting it up or shutting it down.
When error 3048 3 appears, it may crash the running program window. Or when you run Norton program, your device may constantly crash because of the same error. Your device won’t give response on the mouse and keyboard input and will freeze for a while or again and again because of Error Norton 3048 3.
There may be different reasons of occurrence of Norton 3048 3 error including corruption in Windows catalog while installing or uninstalling Norton product or malware/virus or any other infection that has corrupted Windows Files on the computer or some other program has mistakenly deleted the Norton Antivirus related files.
Errors like 3084 3 may encounter because of several reasons so it is important to fix the issue to its depth. There are the steps given below to fix Norton antivirus error 3048 3:
- Repair the registry errors related to the Norton antivirus 3048 3 error.
- Scan your device for virus or malware.
- Run disk clean up to clean your system waste (momentary files and folders).
- Upgrade outdated device drivers.
- “Undo” current system changes by restoring windows operating system.
- Install or uninstall the Norton product related with Error 3048 3
- Run windows system file analyzer (“sfc / scannow”)
- Install all available Windows renew
- Download a clean version of Windows
Steps to fix Norton error 3048 3 are discussed below in detail:
Step: 1 Repair Registry Files with Error 3048 3
- Click on the start button and type “command” in search bar and hit enter.
- Press enter while holding CTRL-Shift keys.
- Click yes when you see an authorization dialogue box.
- Now type “Regedit” when black box appears with a blinking pointer and hit enter.
- Select the Error 3048 3 linked to Norton Antivirus key that you want to back up in the Catalog Editor.
- From the menu File, select the Export option.
- From the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save your Norton Antivirus backup key.
- Then write the name in the File name for the backup file.
- In the Export Range box, choose the “Selected Branch”.
- Now click on save option that will save the file by .reg file extension.
- Now onwards you will have a backup of your Norton Antivirus Product.
Step 2: Scan your device for malware and virus
Digital space is a risky space and there is always a chance of getting hit by virus and other computer infection. So to find and catch any infection on your device, run a full scan on your device.
Step 3: Using Disk Cleanup, remove system junk files
The usage of the machine over time, different junk files gather that get rarely cleaned out and because of them Norton Antivirus response slow or provide an error 3048 3. Use disk clean-up to clean these momentary files to solve your 3048 3 error.
- To use Disk Cleanup in Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10, click Start button.
- Type “command” in the search box and press Enter.
- Hit Enter while holding CTRL-Shift that will open an authorization dialogue box.
- Click on Yes that will open a black box with a blinking pointer.
- Write “cleanmgr” in the box and hit Enter.
- Disk Cleanup will start release the disk space you may regain.
- The Disk Cleanup dialog box will apper with the sequence of checkboxes that you can select.
- In the most disk space, the” Temporary Files “category will dwell most of the time.
- Check out the boxes from the categories you want to clean and click on OK.
Step 4: Update PC Drivers Updating
Error 3048 3 may be associated to the corrupt or outdated version of device drivers and due to various reasons, drivers may automatically stop working. So many times, updating the device driver my fix the error 3048 3 issue.
Step 5: Restore recent Windows System
Windows System Restore allows users to “go back in time” with their system to help them in fixing error 3048 3 issues.
- To use system restore in Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10, click on the start button.
- In the search box, type “System Restore” and hit Enter.
- In the results, click on System restore.
- If asked, enter passwords and keep following the steps in Wizard to choose restore points.
- Restore the computer.
Step 6: If error persist, uninstall and reinstall Norton Antivirus
Uninstalling and reinstalling Norton antivirus is one of the best option to fix 3048 3 errors.
Step: 7 Run Windows System File Checker
System File Checker is a handy tool that comes with Windows which allows to scan for and restore deceptions in Windows system files. Follow the steps to run it.
- Click on Start button, type “command” in the search box and hit Enter.
- Hit Enter while holding CTRL-Shift that will open an authorization dialogue box
- Click Yes option that will show a black box with a blinking pointer.
- Write “sfc/scannow“ in the black box and then Enter.
- Then System File Checker will start and you need to follow on-screen instructions.
Step 8: Install recent Windows Update
Microsoft update and enhance Windows system files so installing updates may resolve runtime errors and errors co-related with error 3048 3.
Step 9: Perform Windows installation
This is the last option that you should try to resolve Error 3048 3 problems.
You find any difficulty with the steps or unable to fix the issue, call the experts for help.
For quick activation visit: www.norton.com/setup
SOURCE :- Norton.com/setup