Facing Error 8401,101 and error 8504,101 with your Norton product? If you leave your computer powered up with Norton Internet security for few days, your Norton Internet Security may not run at some point. And when you will restart your security software, it will display an error code either 8504,101 0r 8401,101. This issue may stay for a while until you don’t fix it. Sometimes the issue still exists even if you have run power erasure, uninstalled Norton Internet Security, removed registry entries and temp files. Sometimes, users cannot find the errors even though running chkdsk.
There may be many reasons of cropping up this error including threat infection. If you don’t have any idea how to deal with these errors, you may contact tech support services for help or follow the steps below:
STEP 1# DOWNLOAD AND RUN NORTON POWER ERASER
- Download Norton Power Eraser.
- Click Save to save it on the desktop location as Desktop.
- Double-click the NPE.exe file to run Norton Power Eraser.
- Now click Yes or Continue if the User Account Control window appears.
- Click Accept after reading the license agreement.
- Click the Scan for Risks icon in the Norton Power Eraser window.
- Norton Power Eraser performs a by default Rootkit scan and then require a system restart. So click Restart when you see a prompt to restart the computer.
- If you do not want to Norton Power Eraser to perform the Rootkit scan, uncheck the option Include Rootkit scan by going into Settings (requires a computer restart).
- The scan starts automatically after the computer is restarted. You need to follow the on-screen instructions further.
- If any threat is not detected during the Scan, head to the Step 2.
STEP 2# RUN THE NORTON REMOVE AND REINSTALL TOOL
- Before running the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool, uninstall Norton Family if you have installed it.
- Now download the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
- Save the file to the Windows desktop location. The file is automatically saved to its default location on some browsers.
- Now press the Ctrl + J key to open the Downloads window in your browser.
- Double-click the NRnR icon.
- Click agree after reading the license agreement.
- Click Advanced Options.
- Click Remove Only.
- Click Remove.
- Click Restart Now.
- To reinstall the Norton product, follow the on-screen instructions after the computer restarts.
- Go to step 3 if the problem is still not fixed.
STEP 3# DOWNLOAD THE NORTON BOOTABLE RECOVERY TOOL
- On a computer that is not infected, download the Norton Bootable Recovery Tool ISO file.
- Go to the Norton Bootable Recovery Tool page.
- Click Download.
- To download and save the Norton Bootable Recovery Tool ISO file on the computer, follow the on-screen instructions.
- With the downloaded ISO file, create the bootable USB or DVD recovery media.
If the above steps don’t work for you, let the product expert inspect the issue and provide you the required solution.