Offering a wide array of security products, Norton antivirus has been rated to be among top ten antiviruses for the past two consecutive years. The security software provides a different set of features and functions varying on the product. Giving multi-level guard to your computer, Mac, iOS, and Android devices, Norton.com/Setup secures the way of surfing the internet as well.
Though the company provides a free trial for its users to analyze its services, users need to have a Norton subscription to access advanced features. For Mac users with purchased Norton product, it is important for all the subscribed users to keep checking for the updates to eliminate any risk of device scan. In case the security software is outdated, it might lead to Norton scan errors and your Mac will be at risk at the time. There is number of errors generated by the software and your device and all these errors will make your device (Whether it is Mac, Windows, or any other device) more prone to security risks.
Among all the Norton errors on Mac, one of the riskiest errors is Norton Scan error. The error initially stops the functionality of the Norton setup and your Mac device is exposed to viruses at this time. When you see a message of “Scan Error” and “At Risk” on your screen, take all the necessary steps to fix the error in order to protect your Mac device. Follow different methods of troubleshooting Norton Scan error.
Method 1: Run LiveUpdate for Norton Setup
- Close all the running apps and open Apple Menu bar
- Click Go and then go to Applications
- In the appeared menu, select Norton Security
- When the Norton Security home window appears, select LiveUpdate
- Check for all updates and if there is no update available, run LiveUpdate for your Norton product
- Once the LiveUpdate completes, close all the programs and restart your Mac device
The error is now fixed and Run Norton setup, if you see the same message displaying on your screen, you can go further to fix the error by following the second method.
Method 2: Update the Virus definitions
- One an updated web browser and open visit www.Norton.com/Setup
- Log in to your Norton Account or if you don’t have a Norton account then create one by visiting the same link mentioned in the first step
- Search for ‘Virus Definitions’ for your Norton setup product manually
- If you find the link, it will download the file automatically
- Save the file at any temporary location such as Desktop
- Once the file is saved, double-click and run the file as administrator
- If your device asks for permission, type in your admin password to allow access
- When prompted, follow the instruction displayed on the screen and install the tool to fix Norton error on Mac
The error is now fixed. To make sure, restart your computer, run Norton setup, and see if Norton error message of appears “Scan Error” and “At Risk”. After attempting the second method, the error still appears, try to uninstall the Norton Setup and then reinstall it. This will remove any of the software error if the problem is being caused by that. If the error persists, connect to Norton Customer Support.