Welding is defined as the technique of attaching metals and heating materials. They are used to construct vehicles, products, airplanes, and ships. It is also implemented to construct a massive structure and buildings.
Selecting a suitable career path is a complicated process. You might probably require a job that pays well and offers numerous opportunities in the field of construction. A career in welding is one such job, which would initially commence with piping and welding apprentice school. It is essential to carry a valid CSCS card to secure a job at the construction site.
Some of the advantages of working as a professional welder are as follows:
- Pursuing a career in welding is worth in terms of value and money despite variations in hourly wages for professional welders.
- Welding is a technical skill, which can be implemented, in a diverse range of industries consisting of oil and gas, manufacturing, art, and construction.
- Welding offers numerous opportunities for career advancement as technicians, supervisor, manager, and inspector.
- Welders who are actively engaged in oil and gas companies are paid a higher salary. Today, most of the organizations are offering benefits in the form of health insurance. Salaries are ascertained based on geographical location, employer’s demand, certifications and level of experience.
- Drilling companies often recruit highly skilled and professional welders
Employees are supposed to undertake CSCS Test to procure the card. However, each test varies based on the type of card you are applying for. Most of the CSCS cards are valid only up to five years.
Some of the various types of CSCS cards are as follows:
- Red Welder CSCS card:-
is an entry-level card for the ones who prefer to commence their career in the field of construction. The qualification required to attain Red Welder CSCS card is to apply for NVQ or SVQ qualification.
- Blue Welder CSCS card:-
NVQ is essential to apply for a Blue Welder CSCS card.
- Gold Welder CSCS card:-
A welder CSCS card is delivered to candidates who have achieved Level 3 NVQ. It is also applicable for the ones who have completed approved indentured apprenticeship.
- Black Welder CSCS card:-
A welder CSCS card is meant for people belonging to top-level management like managers who have Level 4, 5 NVQ. Applicants who have previously attained a platinum card can also apply for a CSCS construction card online UK. However, managers should have gained a minimum of five years of experience in a specific job.
Prospective employers request the workers to hold a CSCS card, which is an assurance that he/she has possessed skills and experience to perform a specific task.