Slipping or tripping at the public place is one of the most embarrassing moments for the people. Especially if they fall at the places such hospital, bank, grocery store and injures you. Many of us want to neglect such an accident and want to remove it from the memory. But this case is connected with the injury compensation claim.
Yes, you don’t need to pay for the expenses of medical treatment for the injury as it happens you for someone’s mistake. It is the responsibility of the building owner and the department to provide the safety and protection to their customers and public and if any accident happens then it must be the liability of them.
Slip and fall accidents:
Normally slip and fall accidents happen to the people due to the negligence of someone else. For instance, if the condition of the floor is not good and you got injury due to it then you are eligible for filing the compensation claim. If an accident happens to you on private land then it is the liability of its owner to pay you for the expenses.
If this accident happens at the grocery store such as if the liquid is placed on the floor and lead to the slip accident then it must be the liability of grocery store management. If the accident happens in the workplace environment such as if there is any hazard at the floor then it must be the liability of the owner to pay you for the injuries.
Similarly, if you ever become a victim of slip and fall accident at any place whether it is private land, grocery store, bargain store, warehouse and any place then it must be the liability of the organization as they have to provide safety to the customers and workers.
You are eligible for filing the compensation claim against the owner of the place. You can get the compensation for the injury with the help of personal injury solicitor Bury to wins the case in the court.
Most slips and falls caused by:
- Hazards and obstacles (e.g. raised carpet, holes or cracks within the floor)
- Poor light condition at work areas
- Unsuitable flooring materials
- In the availability of handrails and different safety measures on staircases
- Wet surfaces, together with spillages that aren’t cleaned up
If your slip or trip was caused by any of those factors, then there is a good likelihood that you simply may claim accident at work compensation.
What to do if you become the victim of slip and fall accident?
There are plenty of things you need to do if you become a victim of slip and fall accidents. These items show that it is not your fault and happens due to the negligence of the owner:
- Make sure to report the accident (for instance, if accident happens at workplace then report it accident record book)
- If there is an eyewitness of the scene then make sure to write down personal information of them
- If you have access to the camera then make sure to click the photos of the accident and also your injuries
- At last, engage injury solicitor to get advice related to your case