Are you planning to get hardwood flooring installed at your home? It is duly appreciated as such exclusive type of flooring contributes a lot in enhancing the overall beauty of the home. At the same time, you need to select the best method of getting the same installed. Among all, it is preferable to go with the glue down method.
Holding basic knowledge will serve the best purpose as it is one of the most stable and enduring methods. This technique has really proved to be time-tested. In order to make the task of installation of hardwood flooring a grand success, it is preferable to opt for various tools that include the following:
- Square notched trowel
- Circular saw
- Broom and dust plan
- Carpenter’s crayon
These are some basic tools that will help you to accomplish some of the biggest tasks in a smooth manner. Without them, it is a bit challenging to get the desired task established. Along with them additional tools that are duly required include lace nails, rubber gloves along with soft cloths and plywood substrate sheets.
Final Preparation Regarding Installation of Hardwood Flooring
First of all, it is essential to ensure that the surface on which you are about to place your floor panel is prepared in a proper manner. In other words, the floor needs to be:
Such type of floor will provide your hardwood floor a solid support. At the time of cleaning, it must be ensured that the floor looks oily and greasy to glue the bond in the proper manner. In case of unevenness, some patching from the hardware store will help to even the sub floor. In short, the sub floor must be completely levelled and flat.
Choosing the Best Method of Installation of Hardwood Floor
Now comes the turn of choosing the best methods of laying down hardwood panels in association with the glue down method. Some of the most important choices in terms of installation include:
- Wet Lay Method – In this method, glue is put all across the substrate followed by the placement of hardwood panel on the top. The moment glue starts becoming tacky, it will be easy to proceed to the next panel.
- Walk on Method – The walk on method of installing hardwood panel demands laying of panel in a precise manner. Here the panel is laid into the tacky glue. Such a step will prevent getting glue smudges all over panels as you go.
Generally, the latter method is taken into application by highly experienced hardwood installers due to better finished results. Still, it is better to take assistance from an expert to halt to the best decision.
Required Instructions Regarding Installation of Hardwood Flooring
After getting a deep insight about the entire procedure, it is high time to get in touch with some valuable instructions. Following them will let you carry on with the procedure of hardwood flooring in a smooth manner. These procedures include:
- At the time of placing substrate sheets, it must be ensured that the surface is levelled and clean.
- The glue must be above room temperature. Otherwise, it will become impossible to work.
- A square notched trowel helps to put the glue into corners of the room
- Soft cloth must be employed to clean up the glue. Waiting for long to clean up the glue will result to problems.
- Cleaning up of mineral spirits in a quick manner to avoid unnecessary damage of the floor
Following the above instructions will let you carry on with the task of installing hardwood floor in a smooth manner. Happy flooring!