When you come from the office or somewhere outside, you relax on our bed. But if the bed gets infested from bed bugs, relaxing peacefully is not possible. Bedbugs are very annoying and irritating. They are oval in shape, brownish in color and very small pests. They can not fly but can move very fast on the floor and walls. A female bed bug can lay more than hundreds of eggs three times a year. So removing them is very important before they made a colony in your bed or furniture. In this blog, you’ll learn about how to get rid of bedbugs at home.
WHERE THEY CAN HIDE?
Before treating the bedbugs, it is important to know where they can hide? It makes easier to target them. They can enter our home through the used bed frames, mattresses, and furniture, etc. usually they hide at the place from where they can bite people easily. Mostly they found in our mattress, furniture and bed frames and bite us in the night while we are sleeping.
SIGNS OF BEDBUG PRESENCE
You’ll find some itching areas on your body when you wake up in the morning. Itching can be caused by mosquito bites also but if you have done mosquito inspection in your home, then it is a clear sign of bedbug presence. Bed bug infestation mostly happens when you have a used bed, mattress or furniture in your home. Other signs of bedbugs presence are:
- Bloodstains on the bed sheet or on the pillows.
- Excretion of bed bugs on bed sheets, clothes, mattress, and walls which looks like a dark spot.
- Bed bugs removed skin or eggshells and shed can be found on their hiding place.
- Bed bugs secrets a musty odor from their glands.
Make sure to check your other home stuff such as carpet, books and especially your wardrobe, because they tend to hide in your clothes. If you find the signs of infestation of bed bugs in your home, start these steps to get rid of these bugs and prevent their comeback.
BED BUGS TREATMENT
Cleaning should be started by removing their hiding places. This may include under the following:
- Remove all the bed sheets, pillow and its covers and other clothes from the mattress and wash them on the maximum setting of the dryer for at least 30 minutes in hot water.
- Take a scrubbing brush and scrub the whole mattress so that it removes the bedbugs and their eggs. Make sure not to scrub too hard because it can damage your mattress.
- After this, vacuum the whole area thoroughly. Vacuum the whole room if it is possible because bed bugs are so quick to change their place without getting in anyone’s notice.
- Now put the vacuum cleaner’s bag in a plastic bag and take it to the garbage outside the home.
- Encase your mattress in a zipped cover or a plastic mattress protector. Bed bugs have a life of about one year. So keep them for one year to make sure all the bugs inside the mattress are dead.
- Or you can clean your mattress and bed things with bed bugs removal which is easily available in the market. And make sure that the label says that “you can use them for bedding”.
- Repair your walls if the plaster gets cracks or if you have a glue wallpaper, repair its turned area because these places are easier to hide for bed bugs.
- If you think buying a new mattress can make easier to get rid of bed bugs, then you are wrong. Bed bugs present in another area of the house can infest your new mattress too. So it is better to remove the bed bugs from home.
Bed bugs are so quick that they can change their place without getting in the notice. It makes treatment very difficult. So it’s better to take a professional’s assistance. Pest Busters Pest Control Melbourne provides you with the best pest control services. We are leading pest control service providers over the years. Our professional pest controllers are well qualified and trained and have years of experience in pest control services as well as pest inspection. Contact us for any professional assistance.