A lot of vacant properties are lying all over the states of various countries. It is often said that vacant houses do not sell. It becomes extremely difficult for the owner to sell a vacant house. Buyers often have the perception that the vacant houses are the abandoned ones.
The houses may not sell because of various factors. The reasons could be wrong timings, flat market, undesirable location, unfavorable condition of the house, and too high price. In such a situation, you, as an owner, have the following options:
• You may postpone the sale by taking the house off the market. When the real estate market is again on high, you may schedule your property selling date.
• You can shift to a new place, while your family or partner can continue to remain there and wait for it to sell. However, you suffer the anguish of separation from your close ones.
• You decide and pack all your belongings, take your family and move to your desired place. Thus you hold 2 mortgages, while waiting for the right buyer to purchase your house.
However, remember one thing that vacant houses often possess certain problems, which you must be careful about. These conditions render it to be unfavorable for the potential buyers.
Some common features are often noted in a vacant house. A strange smell often comes out of the house; the pipes may burst down, a slow leak in the roof may develop, spider webs are present here and there obscuring the clear vision, dry leaves piling up on your roof top or balcony, insects have found a new room in the kitchen and bathroom, neighborhood sparrows and pigeons have nested on your windows and shelves, while squirrels have taken a nice shelter. They are terrible for a new buyer when he comes to take a look at your house. Would you have bought the same house, if you had that first terrible sight of your would-be property?
There are ‘subtle’ differences between a vacant house and an abandoned house. There are different kinds of problems in each of them. Buyers must recognize them and try to understand the distinction.
Problems of an abandoned house are:
• The house becomes exorbitantly cold and damp
• It stays dark, smelly and dank
• Batteries of CO detector dry out
• The house becomes a bit grimy
• It displays the look of neglect and ignorance
• The yard, the garden and the walls completely dilapidated
The signs of a vacant house are not the same. Let us find out the features through which a vacant house can be identified:
• A soothing room temperature
• A pleasant smell all over the house
• A few pieces of scrap furniture here and there
• The house stays clean and neat
• No major breaks or cracks in the windows, doors and walls
• Night lights placed properly in the house
• Yard and Garden remains shaved and groomed
Hence, be sure about the condition of your house, whether it is vacant or abandoned. Vacant houses will fetch you a buyer, but an abandoned house will not. If you, as a seller, do not care about the condition of the house, then do not expect the buyers to care for it either.
Harji Realtors is one of the leading real estate agents in the region of Chandigarh, Mohali and Kharar. For more information on great deals in Imperial Apartments Mohali and the best 1 BHK Flat in Mohali check out our website