A caravan or motorhome is a prized possession for most travel enthusiasts in Australia.
However, owning one also comes with a responsibility to service and maintain it regularly.
As your home away from home, the regular care and maintenance of your motorhome or a caravan are necessary for your safety and the best possible on-road performance. Thus, you must ensure
• Timely annual servicing
• Routine DIY maintenance
Timely Annual Servicing
Scheduled servicing includes logbook servicing and annual maintenance servicing by qualified experts using special equipment. The first logbook service of your caravan or motorhome is critical and must be undertaken within the first 2 years or within the first 2000 km. (whichever comes first). Annual servicing depends upon your caravan or motorhome manufacturer and the type of your caravan or motorhome. It is usually done once a year or every 10000 km. The vital parts of annual servicing include damp check where experts use special pressure test to check for leaks. Similarly brakes, brake drum and bearings are checked to ensure that they are fine and sealed. It is recommended for customers to have the yearly service at the beginning of the season when damp problems, gas problems or any problems can be picked by the service experts. Most used motorhome dealers in Sydney for instance, have an online store of spare parts and accessories for quick doorstep delivery or even provide service checks to keep your motorhome looking at its best.
Routine DIY Maintenance
Simple DIY regular routine checks help you keep your camper, pop top, hard top or motorhome in top shape. Here is a list of handy tips for routine checks and maintenance
• Maintain a logbook to record the mileage when starting and ending a trip
• Keep your caravan or motorhome in an undercover area to protect from weather elements and debris.
• Regularly check moisture seals in doors, windows and tailgate. It is important because usually seals tend to deteriorate over time and crack under hot, dusty weather
• Make sure that fluids like engine oil, coolant, transmission fluids and others are regularly changed for a stress-free and fuel-efficient ride.
• Your motorhome or caravan is built for the open road so don’t let it sit unused for extended periods. If you do plan to leave your unit for a long time, ensure to leave the handbrake off, removing the batteries as also remember to fully drain all the water in the caravan or motorhome.
Regular servicing apart, it is recommended to choose a caravan or motorhome that is 100% designed and manufactured in Australia for excellent protection against the harsh Australian climate.
Looking for a used motorhome or to buy caravan in Sydney?
Investing in a high-quality caravan, pop-top, camper or even affordable second hand motorhomes is a great way to enjoy the superior construction, intelligent engineering designs and fuel economy.
You also stand to benefit from their extended warranty to safely enjoy your retirement travel road trips. As leading caravan dealers NSW, we have an extensive range of new and second hand caravans, and new motorhomes for sale at great offers under one roof to help you choose the one that suits your budget and lifestyle.