You have reserved your fishing charter and are ready to go. What do you need to take on the adventure? A lot of the items we recommend are for comfort and protection during your Tampa Bay, St. Petersburg, Clearwater or Costa Rica inshore or offshore fishing charters.
Be comfortable on your fishing charter
Be ready for changing weather conditions during various parts of the day. Layered clothing is a smart choice, as mornings are cooler and late afternoons are hotter. Always be ready for the surpise rain shower that might roll in. The time of year will also have a bearing on your fishing attire. Your charter Captain will will provide you the most recent weather conditions just prior to your trip. Don’t forget to ask!
Be smart on your fishing charter
Adequate protection from the sun is essential for an enjoyable day on the water. Protective clothing and adequate sun screening products will keep you safe. The sun’s direct rays, and the sun’s reflection off the water, can be very dangerous for your skin, even when you are under shade. Think ahead, no sunburns please.
Necessary Items to consider when packing for your inshore or deep-sea fishing charters:
- Non-skid rubber sole shoes are highly recommended
- Dress in light colored clothing as to not retain heat on hot days
- Lightweight micro-fiber long sleeve shirts to protect arms from the sun are optimum
- Take your largest hat (wide brimmed is the most protection)
- Short pants when warm, long when cold
- Waterproof windbreaker for possible rain and cooler mornings
- Swimsuit, as you never know when you’ll get the urge for a swim
- Polarized sunglasses to protect your eyes, cut the glare and to see fish better
- Sunscreen and lip balm that protect from UVA and UVB rays
- Seasickness medication if you’re prone to seasickness
- Bug spray for inshore fishing by the mangroves
- Hand sanitizer if you don’t want to smell like bait
- Waterproof bag or backpack for your personal belongings
- Camera or smartphone to take a picture of your big catch
When adequately prepared for your fishing charter, you can relax and enjoy the day knowing that you have every angle covered. You can enjoy the day catching a variety of fish on your Tampa Bay, St. Petersburg, Costa Rica and Clearwater fishing charter including but not limited to, Tarpon, Snook, Trout, Redfish, Kingfish, Grouper, Snapper, Tuna, Swordfish and Mahi.
Selecting a fishing charter Captain
It’s important to do your research when it comes time to select on which charter Captain you would like to go fishing with. Do some research to help determine if a charter Captain would be suitable for your needs. Be sure and read the reviews of any fishing charter you are considering. It’s recommended not to only go by the star rating, but see what people are sharing.
If you’re on the market for a Costa Rica, St. Petersburg, Clearwater or Tampa Bay Fishing Charter, be sure and give the crew at YACHTFISH Fishing Charters a text. Our experience with YACHTFISH and Captain Matt Douglas has been the best. We strongly recommend giving them a try. We can guarantee you’ll be happy you did.
YACHTFISH Fishing Charters • 795 39th Ave NE, St. Petersburg, FL 33703 • (727) 433-4200