Facebook is undoubtedly one of the most popular social media platforms being used by millions of users to connect to their friends and family. More than 2 billion active users are on Facebook and the number is still growing with each passing day. This rapid increase in the count has drawn the attention of the company to develop new security measures and the users to implement those measures in their profiles. Keeping in view the security and privacy of the users’ accounts and profiles, Facebook privacy is continuously making changes in its settings.
Now, these security measures could be anything from changing the photo visibility settings to “Friends Only” or hiding your Mobile Number from the other users. With the help of the new implemented security settings, a user can have complete control over the privacy of their posts, photos, videos and personal details. Users can even hide their posts or status from particular friend from their friend list.
Like other settings, Facebook also provides an option to hide your friend list even from your friends. Yes, we are not kidding! This privacy setting can be done mere by a click. Modifying this setting is recommended as most of the users who are there in your friend list start sending friend requests to everyone who come across. They also get their requests accepted as they see you as the mutual friend. Though there is no problem in doing; but the situation becomes embarrassing when any of your friends start harassing your other friend. To avoid such situation, it is advised to hide your friend list by keeping visibility the settings to “Only Me”. From whom you can hide your friend list:
- From your friends
- From Strangers
- From particular friends
Yes, you read that right! You can hide your friend list from your friends, strangers and specific friends. To do this, all you need to do is:
- Login to your Facebook account by providing the registered email ID or password
- Go to Settings and click Privacy in the left pane
- Under the “How People Find and Contact You” section, you will see “Who Can See Your Friend list”
- Click Edit
- Now from the drop down menu with “Only Me” button, customize the setting to Public, Friends, Only Me, Custom or particular groups
- The changes will be saved automatically and you don’t need to click on Save Changes or any other button
You can modify the hide friend list setting by one more way:
- Sign in to your Facebook account by entering the registered email ID and password
- Now, open your profile by clicking over your name in the top right corner
- Just below your profile picture, you will see several options, i.e. Timeline, About, Friends, Photos and More
- Click Friends
- You will see two options, i.e. Friend Requests and Find Friends just above your friend list
- Next to these two buttons you will see a Pencil sign for editing the settings
- Click on that and then Edit Privacy
- A dialogue box will appear with the first option “Who can see your friend list?”
- Change the setting to Friends, Only Me or Custom, as required!
- Click Done!
After following the aforementioned steps, if you are still unable to hide your friend list then reach out Facebook support team and get an instant support from a certified professional. The best part of the support team is that it remains active for 24*7.