This tutorial will provide you instructions on how you can reconnect your Netgear wireless repeater (extender) with the existing home network. Remember that your Netgear device supposed to be connected to your existing WiFi router and obtained a valid IP address along with default login credentials. At any point, if you need instant technical assistance, then you are welcome to contact our certified technical support team via toll-free number 1-888-829-5515 and ask for Netgear extender support.
To reconnect your Netgear WiFi booster (extender) via Ethernet, you have to:
- Connect your Netgear signal booster (extender) to your computer with the help of a well-maintained Ethernet cable.
- Launch an up-to-date, load-free web browser on your computer or laptop.
- Type www.mywifiext.net into the address bar field of your web browser. Once done, hit enter or search.
Note: If you are facing issues in accessing the web page, simply ask us for mywifiext.net support. It will be a great fun to help you.
Enter the default username and password (login credentials) when prompted onto the displayed mywifiext.net login page.
- Now, to recover your network password, click on the help link named as “Username & Password”.
Note: If you want to reset your login credentials, you have to reset your device once.
- After that, click on Log In – select the setup option and finally click on Wireless Settings.
- Next, under security options, you are supposed to verify that the value in the Password field matches your existing WiFi router password (passphrase). If it does not match, you are supposed to change it immediately so that it matches with your existing WiFi router password.
- Once done, click on apply and at last, reconnect all your WiFi-enabled devices to the Netgear range expander (extender).
Another name given to Netgear range extenders are:
- Wireless Repeater.
- Signal/ WiFi Booster.
- Range expander.
To reset your Netgear device, you have to grab a paper clip, pin or any thin object and carefully and gently insert it into the reset hole of your WiFi range extender for a few seconds. As soon as your LED lights on your range extender started blinking, release the button. Ensure that your hands are completely dry and the object you are using, take care it should not have any rust over it.
To Reconnect your Netgear WiFi Range Extender via Safe, Secure, and a Reliable WiFi, you have to:
- First of all, you have to push the factory settings button on your range extender once.
- As soon as your range extender resets properly, grab a computer or laptop and connect it to the Netgear range extender’s default WiFi network i.e. NETGEAR_EXT by default.
- Once you are done with it, launch a web browser on your connected device (computer or a laptop).
- After that, type mywifiext or mywifiext.net into the URL bar field and hit the Enter key.
- When mywifiext.net setup page displays, enter the default login credentials (username and password). It is also recommended, do not keep your login credentials as default. Change them soon after the configuration process. If you are facing any issues, then don’t forget that we are always there to help you.
- Now, what you are going to do, click on Log In and just follow the prompts to reconnect your Netgear range extender to your existing home WiFi network.
Finally, reconnect your smart wireless devices to the Netgear range extender.
Note: For new extender setup process, see your Netgear WiFi range extender manual once.
Additionally, if you still have something left to ask, then it is requested ti drop your queries below.