You can easily recover the missing Norton Identity Safe Toolbar on your web browser. Norton Toolbar gets installed when you install any of the Norton products like Norton AntiVirus, Norton 360, Norton Internet Security, and Norton Security from Norton.com/setup. On your browser, Read I cannot find the Norton Identity Safe Toolbar if you cannot find the Norton Toolbar.
Though Norton Toolbar is installed along with Norton products, but for few browsers, users may have to go to the respective store to install the extension.
Read Recover missing Norton toolbar or extension if you cannot find Norton Identity toolbar on Mac. And users who are using Microsoft Edge browser should read about Compatibility of Norton Toolbar and Norton Identity Safe with their Edge browser.
To recover or find the missing Norton Identity Toolbar on your browser, follow the steps given below:
STEP 1# Update installed Norton product to its latest version:
If you have an active subscription of the Norton product, you can get the latest Norton version from Norton Update Center. If in case you have purchased it from your service provider, check with your service provider in order to verify that you have the latest version running on your computer.
STEP 2# Run LiveUpdate:
- Start Norton.
- Click Security, and then LiveUpdate in the main window.
- If you have downloaded Norton Identity Safe from the website, head to the bottom of the main window and click the Settings icon there. On the About tab in the Settings window, click on Check for new updates.
- Then click OK when Norton LiveUpdate is finished.
- Run LiveUpdate unless you read the message, “Your Norton product has the latest protection updates” on your computer screen.
- Close all the programs running on the computer, and restart the machine.
STEP 3# Enable Norton Toolbar in your web browser:
Choose your browser to enable the Norton Identity Safe Toolbar:
The latest versions of the Norton security products are compatible with the previous two and current versions of Google Chrome.
- Start Norton to enable Norton Toolbar.
- If you see a pop-up about the toolbar extension on the screen, follow the onscreen instructions on the pop-up. If any pop-up doesn’t appear, abide by these instructions.
- Click Settings.
- Click Identity Safety under Detailed Settings.
- Click option Configure given next to Identity Safe.
- Click the Settings icon on the bottom of the Norton Identity Safe window.
- Click Install extension given next on the General tab on Google Chrome.
- To install the extensions, follow the on-screen instructions. If you want to get full web protection and password management, it is advised to you that add all the extensions. Please note that if the Norton Security Toolbar extension is not installed or disabled, Password management, provided by the Norton Identity Safe extension cannot function.
- Visit the Norton Identity Safe website from the Chrome browser to add all the related extensions.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer versions 8 and later can run the latest versions of the Norton products.
- Start Internet Explorer to Enable Norton Toolbar.
- Head to the top-right corner of the browser, click the Tools button there, and then select option Manage add-ons.
- Next select Norton Toolbar in the list of currently loaded Add-ons.
- Click Enable if you see that the status of Norton Toolbar is Disabled.
- Now check the status of Norton Identity Safety in the list of currently loaded Add-ons.
- Click Enable if you see the status of Norton Identity Safe disabled.
- Click Close.
- Restart Internet Explorer.
For detailed information and immediate help, you may call the online experts.
For instant Norton Setup Help & Support, kindly visit: Norton.com/setup
Source URL – norton.com/setup