So you have tried everything to repair your outdoor faucet but nothing is working?
Don’t worry! Today we will discuss the useful ways to repair your outdoor faucet like a professional plumber Blackburn.
So follow ahead!
- Examine the external area of the faucet and tighten up the packing nut if it is loose. If it’s not, do it anyway.
- If the faucet is still leaky, replace the worn-out screws, washer, or any other internal component that might be allowing water to drip.
If none of the above steps are working, purchase a new faucet. Sometimes, old faucets need to be replaced and stop upcoming issues. If your faucet is pretty old and even if you have treated the leakage, it might show some other issues later such as corrosion. So it’s suggested to purchase a new one and live peacefully.
How to Replace the Faucet?
Follow the below steps:
- When you are buying a faucet, choose the one that has special features such as frost-proof. This will ensure the long life of the faucet and you will get rid of frequent water issues with the faucet.
- After making your purchase, now it’s time to replace the faucet. So turn off the main water supply to prevent flooding when you remove the faucet.
- Now drain the water from the faucet completely by unscrewing the valve. Use a second wrench to hold the pipe.
- Drill holes into the concrete around the faucet to loosen it a bit. Avoid drilling into the existing faucet so be careful while doing it.
- You may need to drill holes into the concrete surrounding your outdoor faucet to loosen it. Be careful you don’t drill into the existing faucet.
- Now, unscrew the faucet from the wall with the help of a large wrench to move it counter wise until it comes out freely form the wall and pipe.
- Screw the new faucet where the old faucet was. Ensure to twist it tightly to avoid leakage.
- Finally turn on the water slowly and check if everything is working as they should be.
- Fill all the gaps with concrete & don’t use the faucet until it completely dries.
If none of the above options are working, it’s better to hire the professional Hot Water Repairs Blackburn who is licensed to handle such situations.
Many professionals of cold and Hot Water Repairs Blackburn are available out there. All you have to do is find them and hire right away.
So do it now!