Forgetting or losing the Avast antivirus is a common problem faced by several Avast users. The reason could be using multiple accounts or creating a very complex password that is not easy to remember. Avast password recovery is one of the most searched terms on the internet by Avast users. There are several tips and ways to retrieve your Avast. Try the steps given in this blog to retrieve your Avast password on your system’s Windows. Once you have retrieved your Avast account’s password, save it securely for future use. Grab a look through to this blog for Avast antivirus password recovery.
Retrieve your Avast password here
Before proceeding with the steps for the recovery of your Avast password, ensure you form a strong password with a combination of numbers, special characters, and upper and lower case letters. A simple password is easy to detect and can be easily hacked by hackers.
- Sign in to your Avast antivirus account.
- Make sure you have a secure and strong internet connection or WiFi to avoid any network glitch.
- Tap on the “Can’t access your account?” option.
- Right below the login box of Avast account, you will see the “Can’t access your account?” option.
- Enter the email address of your Avast account, and then click on the Send button.
- If you find a pop-up message displaying “This email address does not exist in our system,” it means Avast portal has still not registered your email address. Create a new Avast account for the Avast portal to resolve the error.
- Click on the option of “Got it.”
- Check the inbox of your email account. Search the email with the subject line “Forgot your password?”
- Click on the option “Reset Password.” The Reset Password link will direct you to the Avast password reset page.
- Create a strong new password with a combination of numbers, special characters, upper and lower case letters for your Avast account.
- Re-enter the newly created Avast password to confirm.
- Next, click on Set Password to save the changes.
- A message for the successful avast antivirus password recovery will display on the screen.
- At last, Login to your Avast Account using your Avast’s email address and the newly created password to check if the avast antivirus password recovery was successful.
aswResp.dat is an encrypted file that stores the Avast and AVG password. If you want to delete the password lock, you will have to remove the aswResp.dat file. It is not that easy to remove this file in Explorer. You will not be able to kill this password lock quickly as the lock is protected.
If your Avast antivirus software is crashing even after avast password recovery, you can try the below-mentioned fixes.
- Open the Windows services console by clicking on the Win+R combination from your keyboard.
- Enter “service.msg” in the Run window.
- Next, click on the OK button.
- Click on the Remote Desktop services from the service console.
- Tap on the Properties option.
- Under the General tab, tap on the menu next to the Startup type.
- Multiple options will be displayed on the screen. Click on the Automatic option.
- Tap the Apply to Confirm option to save the changes.
- Restart your system to check if your Avast antivirus is working fine.