OneDrive, the file-hosting service operated by the renowned tech giant, Microsoft. The service comes as a part of its Office suite to host files in the cloud, which doesn’t cost extra to the Microsoft account holders. With OneDrive, you can easily store, share and sync all types of files with different users using different devices.
These files can be then accessed from a web browser and mobile device both. You can save any file from Word, Excel and PowerPoint and then access it from anywhere as per your convenience.
- Go to File, click Save As
- Now, choose OneDrive to directly save the documents from Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Now, sign in to your Microsoft Account by providing the required login details
- If you don’t have an account, click Sign up to create the one
- Once you logged in, click Save to save the document to OneDrive
For Office 2010
In Word, PowerPoint or Excel
- Create a new or open an existing document in Word, PowerPoint or Excel
- Now, click File and then Save & Send
- Click Save to Web
- The next step is to sign in to your Microsoft account by entering the registered email ID and password
- Click OK
- Click Sign up, provide the required details to sign up (for new users)
- Now, choose the folder in which you want to save the file in OneDrive
- Click Save As
- Enter the file name and hit Enter
- It’s good to go!
- Click File and then Close
To open your saved document, follow these steps:
- Open onedrive.com in your web browser
- Choose the folder in which you have saved the file
- Click the file you want to open
- This will instantly open the document in the suitable Office Online program
At any point of time, if you face any difficulty in saving or opening the saved document in One Drive, contact Microsoft Office customer support center. The technicians working there will surely help you with the best possible solution. Hope the information was useful!
Follow this link for more information Office.com/setup