You bought a new Netgear extender and don’t know how to set it up? Well, no worries, this article is for you. Netgear EX2700 setup is easy, and it won’t take long to configure. You just have to follow some simple steps to extend your coverage. Before we begin, have your home’s router network name and password, also be at your PC/LAPTOP/MAC/TABLET/SMART-PHONE to resolve your issues quickly.
Physical Steps to Set Up a Netgear EX2700
When you open the box of Netgear EX2700, you will get an extender and an installation guide. Sometimes that guide is too hard to follow, but don’t worry. We have covered you.
- First of all, you have to plug your Netgear extender into an electric socket.
- Your power LED is now on. If the LED does not turn from flickering red to solid green, press the power ON/OFF button.
- Now connect the antennas or attach your range extender to the stand. You can also put the small non-slip pads to the bottom.
- We advise you to put your Netgear EX2700 about halfway between your router and dead network place.
- Now plug the range extender into the wall power socket.
- Now turn on the Netgear EX2700 range extender by pressing the power button on the side.
- If you are using a wired device where the range extender is located, plug it into the Ethernet port as well. Your physical setup is now done. It’s time to configure your Netgear EX2700.
Netgear EX2700 setup Configuration process
- Try to connect your Netgear EX2700 extender to the router via Ethernet cable. After that, try to connect your PC/MAC/SMART-PHONE to your home WiFi router.
- Run any web browser and visit mywifiext.net web page, now enter the default Netgear EX2700 login credentials, and press the login button.
- You will be prompted to accept the terms and conditions for the Netgear EX2700 setup.
- Now tap I AGREE and then enter.
- Once done, choose your admin credentials. Credentials are another word for identification, basically used to access your extender’s settings on a web browser.
- After that, put a name and a password that is different from your main router’s network password, answer a few security questions to move forward (security helps to recover your admin’s identification if lost).
- Click on NEXT
- Now you have to select your desired radio button for your networks like 2.4GHz and 5GHz.
- Enter your password and tap NEXT again.
- Netgear EX2700 supports to engage extenders. If you want, you can use the same WiFi name and password as your existing network by just enabling one WiFi name checkbox.
- Now you have the same admin name and password for both your extended wireless network.
- Click on NEXT.
- Your settings and changes can take several minutes to apply. EX2700 displays the router’s name and password for each band and take note of that.
- To connect your smart device, go to the WiFi settings, and connect to the Netgear EX2700 new network.
- Once you are connected, open your preferred browser, select the checkbox on the bottom of the page, and tap on continue. You are all set!!
Was this article helpful? If yes, do comments. If you face any other problems regarding Netgear EX2700, feel free to ask, we are here to help.