In today’s modern world of technology, a linksys range extender is used to extend the existing WiFi router range to those areas that are declared as dead zones. Well, ‘Linksys’ has been manufacturing wireless range Extenders from a while, to access extender.linksys.com easily and they have been doing well. Similarly, when we buy a Range Extender we are very curious to know ‘how to setup Linksys range extender’ and for most of the part it is not as easy as we think. However, still there are two ways to set up a Linksys Range extender and we will be explaining both the ways.
Before Setting up a Linksys Range Extender, you should keep some below-given tips in mind
- Linksys range extender is a plug and play device and we recommend you to perform the reset process before setting up a range extender.
- Setup your range extender nearby your router and away from interference creating WiFi (third-party, neighboring), metal, and electronic devices.
- Use the latest and updated firmware of router.
How to Setup a Linksys Range Extender
1. Plug your Linksys range extender into a power outlet and consider turning it on.
2. Now, grab Your Computer and at the taskbar click the ‘Wireless Icon’ and see the list of available and active network besides you.
3. Look For Linksys Extender Login (open network) and carefully connect with it. You never know that unidentified people are waiting to enter your home network.
4. Once connected open an internet browser and log in to Linksys extender setup page.
5. Don’t panic if you don’t see the Setup page. To fix this issue, type http://extender.linksys.com at the top (address bar) of your web browser.
Note: You can also type the default IP Address of Linksys range extender into the field of the URL bar.
6. Fab! You are now in the setup page of your range extender. Please follow ‘On Screen’ Instruction and start the process of extender linksys setup.
7. You can also change the existing language according to your own desire. Moreover, accept the terms and Conditions. Once done, click ‘Next’.
8. Now, in the next step, you see a list of available networks. Here, you have to select the network whose range you want to extend. You have to type the password for Your Existing router. Once done, Hit ‘Next’.
Note: You can also change the network name (SSID) and password for the extender. It is strictly recommended to change the default login credentials soon after the process of Linksys Extender Setup in order to keep your WiFi devices away from unidentified people.
9. After that, click on ‘Next’ and save the settings. Don’t forget to reboot your Range extender.
10. Now, plug your range extender anywhere. Use to your extender password to connect with your existing WiFi devices and to access linksys.
Good Work! Now, you have successfully done the Installation of your Linksys Range Extender.
Setup Linksys Range Extender via Ethernet Cable
- With the help of an Ethernet cable, connect your computer with the range extender.
- After that, plug the range extender and the computer in the power outlet and wait until all the LED lights on the range extender start blinking.
- Now, open an internet browser of your choice and in the address bar either type the default IP address of the range extender or http://extender.linksys.com.
- Enter the default login details (username and password).
- Once done, click on ‘Wireless settings’ and set the ‘radio’ button to ‘manual’.
- Now, enter the SSID (network name) of your existing router.
- You are now supposed to enter the WPA/WPA Mixed mode key or WEP Key.
- Restart the linksys extender and simultaneously start the router. After that, the range extender will start functioning automatically. Congrats! You have successfully set up your ‘Linksys Range Extender’.
We hope all this will help you to in setting and configuring your WiFi range extender. Please let us know if you need any other help with your extender installation and Linksys WiFi Extender Login. You are free to call us anytime. Just give us a call on toll-free number 1-844-726-2255 and forget about all your worries. Lay all your problems and troubles on us. It will be our honor.