Netgear EX6120 range extender is an economical and best way to outstretch your home WiFi router signal. A WiFi extender helps to eliminate the dead network zones present in different corners of your house. Might be there is one-network bar connection present in the basement but such type of network connection make the Internet less entertaining.
So, if you are planning to set up WiFi extender then you can set up it in two ways: WPS Method or Installation Assistant.
Before setting up an EX6120 WiFi extender, you have to keep some prerequisites in your mind for a hassle-free new-extender setup.
Requirements for EX6120 WiFi Extender Setup
- Two Ethernet cables.
- Place your EX6120 in the same room as your Wi-Fi router.
- You must have a strong and high-speed Internet connection for new-extender setup.
- Ensure that you have a proper power supply for both WiFi router and WiFi extender.
- Try to install at least two web browsers on your computer. It is quite common you face a failed my-wifiext.net login prompt on your WiFi extender setup page because it is not a regular webpage.
Keeping these prerequisites in mind, you will give a slight edge to tackle the problems. Now, as you are well aware of the above details, it’s the time for EX6120 new-extender setup.
EX6120 Setup via Installation Assistant
- First of all, connect your WiFi range extender to WiFi router with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Now, try to connect your computer to the WiFi router with the help of another Ethernet cable.
- Plug-in both the EX6120 WiFi extender and WiFi router into an electric power outlet. Ensure that you have a proper power supply and a good internet connection.
- Open any web browser on your computer. Make sure that you are using the latest and up-to-dated web browser version.
- Type my-wifiext net in the web browser, and then click on the search button or hit the Enter key.
- Wait for a while, you will land on the new-extender setup webpage.
- To configure your WiFi range extender, enter the Netgear extender login credentials.
- Click on the ‘Log In’ button.
- Simply follow the on-screen instructions to set up your EX6120 extender as per your requirements.
- Once done, click on the ‘Save’ button.
- Now, place your range extender to a location where you are facing low to no WiFi signals in your home.
WPS Method to Setup Netgear EX6120 Extender
WPS aka Wireless Protected Setup is the easiest way to set up a WiFi extender. Simply follow the below-mentioned steps to set up your EX6120 range extender via WPS method:
- Place your WiFi range extender near to your WiFi router. Ensure that both the devices are placed at 1-3 feet away from each other.
- Turn on your EX6120 range extender and wait until the power LED not turns in to solid.
- Now, turn on your WiFi router.
- Once the LEDs of the WiFi router get solid, press the WPS button present on the EX6120 extender.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes for the good synchronization of EX6120 range extender with WiFi router.
- Once the WiFi extender WPS LED gets solid, unplug the range extender and place it to a new location.
- Now, try to connect your any WiFi-enabled device with extended WiFi network.
Alternative Method to Set Up Netgear EX6120 Extender
Somehow, if you are unable to set up your WiFi range extender with WPS or Installation Assistant method, you can try an alternative method also. You can go with the WiFi extender manual setup method. Just follow the following steps:
- Connect your WiFi range extender to the home network.
- Now connect your computer to router.
- Open any web browser and visit my-wifiext local.
- Enter the default WiFi extender login credentials.
- Click on the ‘Log In’ button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up a WiFi extender.
- Once done, click on the Save button.
WiFi extender is one of the best devices to cut all the dead zones and enhance your WiFi signal strength. They are quite easy to set up and handle. If still, you are struggling with the setup procedure, feel free to share with us through comments.