Apple offers lot of effective utilities and features built-in to help you boost your Mac performance. In addition to that, you can also try best Mac cleaner software for instant and effective results. Let’s discuss more here.
How to Boost Mac Performance?
The first thing you should follow to speed up your Mac is to update software. To keep your system running up and well, Apple sends you automatic updates on regular intervals. It includes updating apps that come loaded with system and other software updates that are crucial for seamless user experience. Once you find the update notification, you can update the software immediately or save it for later date. Alternatively, you can also choose to update software manually. To do this, follow below mentioned steps. Follow these steps, if you are upgraded on macOS Mojave or later:
- Go to Apple menu > System Preferences and select Software Update.
- If you find certain available updates, then click the Update Now button. You can also click on “More Info” to view details related to each available update. It helps you decide to select specific updates to install.
- Now that when Software Update says that your Mac is up to date, all installed apps and installed version of macOS is up to date to use. It includes applications like Safari, Books, iTunes, Calendar, Messages, Mail, Photos, and FaceTime.
Note: You can select “Automatically keep my Mac up to date” option to set macOS to update automatically in the future. Here, mac will notify you when it is needed to restart your system during Updates. Thus, you can choose when to restart your Mac.
Delete Browser Cache
Lot of cache data accumulate on your system in different forms. It not only occupies valuable storage space, but it also affects system performance negatively. Browser cache one such cache data that needs to be deleted to smoother user experience and speed up your operations when you are online.
- To delete browser cache on Safari, click Develop option in the top menu and select Empty Caches.
- To delete cache on Chrome, tap on “hamburger” icon in the top right corner and go to More Tools > Clear Browsing Data.
Manage Login Items
If you have noticed that your system is taking long time to boot, then there are chances lot of unnecessary programs also run at boot time. Many of these programs you rarely use, thus it is suggested to remove them from login items to speed up boot process and overall device performance. To remove unnecessary startup and login items manually, follow these steps:
- Go to System Preferences > Users & Groups.
- Select your username.
- Select Login Items tab.
- Select the program/s that you don’t want to run during boot process and press “-“ button to remove it.
Manage Storage Space Manually
The built-in storage management window on your Mac helps you monitor how the storage space is used on your system. To check and manage storage space on your Mac, go to Apple menu > About This Mac > Storage. Here, you will find information on how storage space is used and allows you to manage it. To do this, tap on Manage button to access the Storage Management window.
Once you are on Storage Management window, you will find various recommendations to optimize Mac storage for better performance. Here, you will find multiple options to select from including:
- Store in Cloud to help you move all unnecessary data to cloud servers.
- Optimize Storage where it will remove Apple TV movies and TV shows that you have already watched. It also keeps only recent email attachments on your system.
- Empty Trash Automatically that automatically erase Trash items to recover valuable disk space.
- Reduce Clutter that helps you sort through documents and other content stored on your system to remove unnecessary data that is no longer needed.
Use Best Mac Cleaner & Optimization Tools
Next effective solution to speed up your Mac performance is to use best Mac cleaning software. These best Mac cleaner tools help you clean and optimize your Mac for better performance. One such tool is Smart Mac Care that comes loaded with numerous effective features to clean, optimize and secure your device. It works as an effective duplicate cleaner tool and app uninstaller to help you free up valuable disk space. You can also use this tool to delete failed downloads and manage login items effectively.
It offers 3 unique scan modules to keep your system in good health. These scan modules include:
Malware Scan module helps you scan, detect and remove all malicious content present on your device.
Junk scan module helps you clean all junk on your Mac including cache files, Trash items, log files, and more.
Under Privacy scan module app will clean Internet history, application cache and cookies to keep your online activities secure.
Now that you have lot of effective ways to clean and speed up your Mac do try them and share your experience in the comments below.
Summary: Apple offers lot of effective utilities and features built-in to help you boost your Mac performance. In addition to that, you can also try best Mac cleaner software for instant and effective results.