Setting up a new phone usually requires a lot of your time. If both your old and new phones use Google’s Android operating system, you can save some time by backing up your settings on Google and letting Google move them to your new phone. Google can’t move all of your information, but it might get it all. You will need to back up your old phone before turning on the new phone for the very first time. Today, I’m gonna teach you that how you can transfer data from your old Android to the new one.
Transfer Data from One Android to Another Android easily:
There could be many possible reasons to shift data from one device to another. But it can be a pain if you don’t know the quick procedure to do it. The method I’m gonna share today will work for both rooted and not rooted Android device. Let’s get started!
- Press the “Menu” button on the older phone and tap “Settings.” You may need to tap “More” before “Settings.”
- Tap “Accounts & Sync.” You should see your Google Account recorded. Click on it to see all the services that you can sync to your new phone. Harness any that are listed as having sync turned off to turn sync on.
- Tap “Privacy.” If the Back Up My Data box isn’t checked, touch it to test it. Wait a couple of minutes for your data to back up.
- Turn the new phone on for the very first time. As part of the initial installation procedure, you need to enter a Google Account. Enter the same account info that you used on the old phone. Finish preparing the phone according to your wireless provider’s instructions. Google will start moving your data to the new phone including all the services, apps and data. You should also observe some settings change. How long that takes depends upon how many programs you’ve got.
- Now go to the Apps menu on the new phone. If you are not certain where to locate it, check the manual. Different manufacturers place it in various locations. Look through your apps to find out what transferred. All of those apps you had on the older Android, should be installed.
- If the both Android devices are using different Android OS, then the data may not transfer correctly. So, first of all, upgrade one of the both smartphone to match the OS version. Then do it.
G Cloud Backup is also one of the best Android apps to move data from your old Android to the new one. You can use it to backup all of your Android data including messengers, videos, contacts, images, apps and other media files.