Lexmark is a very popular electronic brand manufacturing various types of printer variants for business and home use. Printer devices developed by Lexmark are generally low in cost and reliable to work with. But being an electronic device it may show sometimes temporary errors hampering its work performance. One of the common error occurring in the Lexmark printer is of “Cartridge Missing” error message. Usually, this error is caused when the printer cartridge becomes disturbed from its correct or actual position. To remove this error you have to convince your device that cartridges are present in the mechanism. And the same can be done by restating the cartridges to their correct positions, and the error can be removed easily.
Troubleshooting steps for a “Cartridge Missing” Error on a Lexmark Printer:-
Please follow the below-given steps so that above mentioned can be permanently removed from your printing device:
- Step 1: Turn your Lexmark printer device ON, and access the printer cartridges inside your device.
- Step2: Pull the cartridges firmly and remove them from the printer.
- Step 3: Now close the area from where you have removed the cartridges in the sane reversible manner as how you opened it previously.
- Step 4: Next, turn the printer OFF and again turn it ON.
- Step 5: After the printer is turned ON, access the cartridge area again and refix the cartridges in their correct position ensuring that the electrical connectors of both the cartridge and the printer are making a proper and good contact.
- Step 6: At last, close the cartridge section and allow the printer device to check for the cartridges.
Hopefully, the “Cartridge Missing” error should have gone now. But, if the error is still alive after completing this process, it simply means that either you have incorrect or defective cartridges on your printing device and it is experiencing a full through hardware error. For this, you need to contact Lexmark Printer Support for further help & assistance. Certified technicians of Lexmark printer customer support can easily diagnose your device remotely and can fix the issue online within no time.
SOURCE – printer-support-us