Lexmark International Inc., an American company, is one of the most renowned printer manufacturer and seller brand. People from across the world use Lexmark printers for both home and office use. Lexmark International produces various laser printers and other imaging products. The headquarter of this American company is located in Lexington, Kentucky. Lexmark printers are designed for excellence. They have an advanced image quality and they are extremely durable. They offer options in monochrome laser printers, color laser printers, monochrome multifunction printers, and color multifunction printers.
Lexmark Printer Error 1102
Even though Lexmark printers are a cut above than its competitors in terms of quality, sometimes an error or malfunction may happen. From time to time, the customers of Lexmark printers may face error 1102. This error is very common and the main reason for this error is a failure in communication between the printhead and All In One(AIO). Here is a step by step guide on how to fix Lexmark Error code 1102:-
- Turn the AIO power off and detach the power supply from the backside of the printer unit.
- Wait for around 60 seconds before following the next step.
- Insert the power supply back and turn on the AIO power.
- Check whether the error message is still there. If yes, then proceed to the next step.
- Turn the AIO power off.
- Remove the power supply from the backside of the unit.
- Open the cover on the top of AIO.
- With the help of the carrier belt, shift the cartridge carrier to the center of the unit. Do this very gently.
- Disconnect both of the ink cartridges from the AIO unit. Secure the top cover.
- Replace the power supply.
- Turn the AIO on.
- If the error still persists then follow the next step.
- Even if after following the above-mentioned steps, the error problem persists then this can be due to two reasons.
- The printhead of the printer may be failing or either of the ink cartridges may not be working properly. You will have to test it.
- Turn off the AIO again and also take off the power supply from the rear of the unit.
- Remove the top cover of the AIO and shift the cartridge carrier to the unit’s middle area.
- Insert the color ink cartridge gently.
- Place the top cover back and turn on the printer.
- If the error is still returning then proceed to the next step.
- In this step, to get rid of the error, you will have to clean the cartridge contacts.
- Remove the cartridges and clean the cartridge contacts.
- Dab a clean cloth in some water and wipe against the cartridge nozzles gently.
- With another dry cloth wipe the cartridge.
- Let the nozzles dry completely before reinserting them.
- With a cotton swab clean the printhead contacts.
- Clean until there is no residue on the cotton swabs.
- Go to Defective Cartridge Test
- Print out a test page.
- If your test page prints successfully, the printer error is resolved.
If the Lexmark Printer Error 1102 still persists, then contact the Lexmark Printer Support for instant solutions. The Lexmark printer customer service team consists of dedicated and skilled technicians who work round the clock to offer assistance to customers. The lines for Lexmark printer toll-free support number are open 24/7. For any Lexmark printer related problem or query, contact the Lexmark Printer customer support.
SOURCE – printer-support-us