A Japanese multinational company “Ricoh” is devoted to manufacturing of a wide range of printers & scanners for high-quality printing jobs. Although Ricoh printers are highly advanced and assembled with the latest technology, sometimes printer machine often gives few error codes when the computer commands the device to print the job. One of those Error Code SC899, most of the Ricoh printer users reported to have received this error code. This particular Error Code SC899 only occurs when printing jobs from specific versions of Internet Explorer, or from the specific version of the Adobe Reader browser plug-in.
So no need to worry, what so ever may be the reason behind the occurrence of this Ricoh printer error code SC899, a user can fix it very easily. Here in this blog article, we will guide you through few simple steps about how to fix this Error Code SC899 by yourself.
Steps to Fix Ricoh Printer Error Code SC899:-
Step 1:- Unplug the Ricoh Printer Network Cable:-
- Start with unplugging the Ricoh printer network cable.
- Next, enter the service mode. Press the buttons in order as given after, [Reset]. then , then , then , followed by [clear]. Keep on holding the [clear] button until the menu “SP” appears.
- Click on the “System SP” button.
- Then go to the new menu and try to expand the portion labeled as “SP-5XXX.”
- After this start scrolling down the several pages until you see “5801 – Memory Clear”, now expand this section.
- Click on submenu 8 labeled as “Printer Application” and then click on “Execute” button given at the right-hand side
- of the screen to clear the Ricoh printer’s memory.
- A confirmation message will appear; then click on “Execute” button given on this message to proceed further.
- Now the printer will ask you to power off and finish the process.
- Next, restart your Ricoh Printer and you will find the error message is removed.
- Finally, print a job from the computer for test confirmation.
- Check if the error is resolved. If it’s not, then follow the Step 2.
Step 2:- Turn-Off your Ricoh Printer:-
- Try to turn off your Ricoh printer by unplugging it from the outlet.
- Then completely disconnect your Ricoh printer device from the PC properly and again re-connect it via a USB cable after 5 minutes.
- Now, restart your computer machine.
- Then again re-plug your Ricoh printer device and try to turn it on.
Hopefully, now this error would have removed. If it still reflects, means some other serious issue is there. For that, you may immediately contact with Ricoh Printer Support.
Ricoh Printer Customer Service:
Certified technicians of Ricoh printer customer service remains available 24/7 on phone to assist their users. If you face any issue with your Ricoh printer, simply call on Ricoh printer support number for quick and affordable support.
SOURCE – printer-support-us