Microsoft Office 2010 is the Office productivity suite that consists of various applications (like MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint), servers (like Skype for Business) and services (like SharePoint). The Office 2010 productivity suite has various advanced features like role-based user interface, document co-authoring and many more, that make this version quite better than the previous ones. Sometimes the users may face some common errors or issues while using the Microsoft Office setup 2010 and one such common errors or issues is Microsoft Office 2010 Error 2908.In the below information, I am introducing the methods of troubleshooting the Office 2010 Error 2908 on the device, easily.
The Office 2010 Error 2908 refer to the installation error that the system is unable to register the specific component of Office 2010. The Office 2010 Error 2908 is mostly caused due to the issue in the registry files i.e. corrupted or incorrect and too many tasks are running simultaneously in the backend of the device. As the error occurs on the device, a message box is displayed on the screen that shows the message as shown below:
“Something went wrong.
Could not register the component
By following the methods listed below, the users may resolve the Office 2010 Error 2908, easily:
Method 1: Execute the Scanreg command for fixing the faults of Registry Files:
- Firstly, run the command prompt with all the administrative abilities on the device.
- To do so, click the Start button and in the search bar of the start menu, type the “cmd”.
- Now, select the “cmd” option from the search list.
- A black window will appear on the screen. On this black screen, type the command as follows:
- Now, hit the “Enter” key.
- Once the scanning process gets successfully completed, restart the device.
- Now, try to install the components of the Office 2010.
Method 2: Log in from a different user profile to run the setup:
The users may login to different user profile if the current user profile is not allowing to the setup to the device. Although, it is preferable to login to the device as an administrator for executing the setup to the device but for resolving the Office 2010 Error Code 2908 the users need to log off the administrator user profile.
Method 3: Stop all the Unwanted Tasks or Services running in the Background:
- Firstly, click the “Start” button on the taskbar.
- Now, select the “Run” option.
- In the Run window, type “misconfig” in the open box.
- Now, tap on the “Services” panel.
- Now, select all the unwanted tasks and services and then, click the “Disable” option.
- Now, try to install the components of the Office 2010 setup.
After performing the aforementioned steps if the Office.com/setup 2010 Error 2908 still persists on the device then, the users may contact the Office Support on the Office toll-free number, to get an instant assistance.