Since the launch of the Outlook mail, it has become very hard for the users to resist themselves to open accounts in the free service provider from the house of Microsoft. Eye grabbing new features, attractive interface and strong spam filter are the key characteristics of Outlook mail. But maintaining different email ids is a tedious job for everyone. If you have a Hotmail then it is recommended to upgrade it to Outlook to enjoy a seamless free emailing service. And you can do it very easily. But remember that many phishing mails may come to you claiming suspension and de-activation of the Hotmail account. Generally, those mails carry links for upgrading to Outlook. Please avoid those emails and follow the below-stated steps to upgrade from Hotmail to Outlook.
Benefits of Upgrading the Hotmail to Outlook
When you upgrade your Hotmail account to Outlook mail, all of your existing features will be added along with new ones. You can have the benefits of the up-gradation.
- You don’t need to change the email address. The old Hotmail address will work fine in your Outlook account. So you don’t need to change the credentials of different websites and update your profile.
- You don’t need to change the password. Your Hotmail account password will work for your new Outlook website.
- All of your devices like phone and Outlook Connector will work in sync. You don’t need to update them.
- You don’t need to port all of the contacts. You can see your entire Hotmail contacts in your Outlook account.
- All the folders, categories, flagged messages and rules will be the same.
- You don’t need to create new vacation reply and signature in your Outlook account. All of them will be ported from Hotmail.
- The Reading Pane and Arrange by Conversation will be retained in your new account.
Related Blog :– How to Forward Your Hotmail Account to Outlook.com
Steps to upgrade from Hotmail to Outlook:
You don’t need to create a new account in Outlook. Simply, just upgrade the same Hotmail account and enjoy the feature rich emailing service. All of your settings and data will be transported to Outlook along with the clients. You can continue to work on your phone as well. The easiest steps to upgrade your Hotmail account to the Outlook account are following:
- Launch outlook.com on your browser.
- Now login to Outlook with your existing Hotmail account.
- You have upgraded your Hotmail account to Outlook. Now enjoy the experience.
More detail :- Learn Tips & Tricks for any Email account