New life comes with new challenges. After coming out from our school life we get excited for our college life but also have some fear about different challenges like “Ragging”.
Ragging is a criminal offense these days and it has become a serious issue. You might have heard few of the horrifying ragging stories like someone has committed suicide due to ragging and now you will be confused how to deal with this situation.
If you are scared of ragging then here are some steps to deal with this situation.
- Raise your voice: In most of the college, there is an interaction session especially organized between the fresher batch and the seniors. The only intention behind this is to break the ice and create a friendly bond between the students.
But in some conditions seniors take ragging to a higher level when they feel that you are afraid. If they only ask for introduction or show some talent, in that case do that with full confidence. If they harass you or pressurize you to do something wrong then don’t be afraid and face them with courage.
Once you will get friendly with your senior they can help you in many way. Like they can give you assignment help, help in project. Try to be polite and friendly with them.
- Don’t assume before: Before going to college we already have some fear about ragging or harassment already. That’s called presumptions. But there will be a possibility that it can be only for introduction. In that case give them your introduction and show them your talent if asked by them.
Maintain your patience with them and be friendly. Also you can take online assignment help, where you can finish those assignments instantly. Try to cope up and maintain a good relationship with them. After a couple of months, if their behavior remains as rude as it was, in the beginning, it is the time to take necessary actions.
- Ask for help from college authority: These days every college has anti ragging community, which takes strict action against those seniors who are involved in ragging. If everything goes wrong according to you then without any hesitation go to authorities.
- Involve your parents: Parents are the best supporter in this world. So don’t hide these type of things from your parents. Talk to your parents and tell them about what you are facing. They will surely find some way out.
- Take legal action: In extreme case when everyone is unable to help you then you can take this step. Without any fear go to police and tell them everything.
I think in these things a step before happening something bad is much better than anything.