The International English Language Testing System is also known as IELTS, it is the world’s most popular English language test for higher education and global migration. It is designed to reflect how you will use English in your new life in the study or at work in abroad. Those who want to pursue education or work opportunities in the English-speaking countries like the United States, Britain, Australia, Canada etc., they have to take this exam. There is a basic IELTS Eligibility Criteria in each country, for each purpose that you need to fulfill for getting the appropriate visa of that specific country. It includes all four language skills – reading, listening, writing and speaking. Here, we will give you all the information about the IELTS Exam, fee in India, Test Structure, IELTS exam dates and admission Form.
IELTS was started by Cambridge University, British Council and IDP. But in some countries the British Council is in charge of the IELTS examination and in some countries, IDP runs IELTS exams, there are some countries where both the IDP and the British Council take the exams, and people are confused at all times where they should go. The same problem happens to Indian students too. But here we want to clarify that the test structure and notation criterion is the same whether you choose it with IDP or with BC. Therefore, at the time of IELTS Examination Registration, concentrate on center availability instead of just IDP or BC.
Types of IELTS Exam:
There are two types of IELTS Exam; IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training
The academic type is for students who wish to study at the university at the graduate or postgraduate level, join a professional organization in the English-speaking country.
IELTS General Training (GT):
IELTS GT is for students who want to study at below degree level, work or undertake work-related training in an English-speaking country emigrate to an English-speaking country.
Whether you are giving IELTS Academic or GT, the IELTS exam fee is same for both.
Now let’s move to the pattern, the pattern of all four modules are similar in IELTS GT and Academic:
- Listening component consists of 4 sections, 40 items with the duration of 30 minutes
- Reading component consists of 3 sections, 40 items with the duration of 60 minutes
- There are 2 tasks in writing component with the duration of 60 minutes
- In Speaking component there are 3 part one-on-one conversation and the duration is 11-14 minutes
IELTS Eligibility Criteria:
The IELTS exam is open to all and there are no specific eligibility criteria. There may be a different eligibility criteria in the respective institutions, but IELTS does not have any special selection criteria. IELTS tests are recommended for candidates who are 16 years of age and above and you should have a passport for exam booking.
Now the question is how to register for IELTS exam? So, there are three ways through which you can register for IELTS by filling Admission Form:
- Register online by visiting the official site of IDP or BC and pay the IELTS Online Fees through Credit Card.
- Register in Person at IDP/BC branch or Input Node, by visiting their office.
- Register by Courier and pay test fee by Demand Draft or Account deposit slip.
Let’s describe the process in Brief; if you want to apply you need to visit the and official site of IDP or BC or in Nearby office of the same. After that, fill an online application form or fill it after downloading and printing on paper. Check available IELTS exam dates and choose your test date and location from the available one. After completion of the form make payment through, credit/debit card, Demand Draft or specific bank account deposit method. If it’s online, submit it and take a print out of it and attach a photocopy of passport with it. If offline, attach the photocopy of the passport with the admission form. Submit it by visiting the office physically or send it through courier. The IELTS fee of registration is 13250/-.
Band score and Distribution Level:
- Band 3 is for Extremely limited users who can Conveys and understands only general meaning in very familiar situations. Frequent breakdowns in communication occur.
- Band 4 is for Limited users whose Basic competence is limited to familiar situations. Has frequent problems in understanding and expression. Is not able to use complex language.
- Band 5 is for Modest users who have the partial command of the language, coping with overall meaning in most situations, though is likely to make many mistakes. Must be able to handle basic communication in the field of its own.
- Band 6 is for Competent users who have Generally effective command of the language despite some misunderstandings, inappropriacies and inaccuracies. Can use and understand a lot of complex language especially in familiar situations.
- Band 7 is for Good users who have Operational command of the language, though with occasional misunderstandings, inappropriacies and inaccuracies in some situations. Generally it handles complex language well and understands the detailed logic.
- Band 8 is for Very good users who have Fully operational command of the language with only occasional unsystematic. Misunderstandings may occur in unfamiliar situations. Handles complex, detailed argumentation well.
- Band 9 is for expert users who have fully operational command of the language: accurate, appropriate and fluent with complete understanding.
In a discussion with an expert faculty of an IELTS Institute we Came to know that, there are so many students who wants to study Abroad in a English Speaking country but they are not much aware about IELTS Exam. And this is the main motive of Writing this Blog for such students. Chandigarh is the education hub of Punjab and Haryana Region. So if you want to go There for IELTS Prepration we suggest you to choose One Of The Best IELTS Institute in Chandigarh for your Prepration so that you can score high in IELTS.