Your furniture is the most stressful factor that can worry you crazy when you are changing homes! Not only is it the furniture itself expensive, but also your old and new home decor gets impacted by the way you handle your furniture while moving. These heavy objects of the home need special treatment when you are changing locations.
Who can deny the stress that goes in moving houses?! But the huge task awaiting you when you look at the furniture in your rooms can be extremely daunting. From huge wardrobes to your four poster beds, sofa, guest room furniture, book racks from the library and so much more. All these can be easily damaged if aren’t handled well when moving the house. A single dent, a handle coming out or any part of it getting broken means another round of carpentry work and mess even in your new home.
Some wise tips to help you deal with your furniture when you are shifting to a new place!
There would be a list of tips for you from all your friends about how to manage your packing and unpacking at the time of moving houses. But, the most essential and expensive part of your home (the furniture!) is often ignored in these instructions. That is why you are mostly at a loss about how to deal with it. This also leads to huge mistakes handling them when moving houses. That’s why we have compiled some really important tips just about moving your furniture to a new location. Read about all those essential care instructions below:
- Plan your furniture to move — You need to properly organise your packing and moving. Even when its furniture, ensure you have a proper number allotted to all these in your mind, or better still – note down somewhere. Now when you are ready to move them, get doing with it according to the number you allotted them. This ranking can be done based on the size as heaviest furniture needs to be lifted in the end and smaller ones first. And then the reverse order is used while putting them in the transportation trucks. This numbering wouldn’t create chaos and issues when moving the furniture from your home.
- Make proper space —We know your house would be in total chaos when you are moving from there. But you need to take out the heavy furniture and it would require a lot of space! And if there are clothes and other materials lying on the way, slipping can happen and the people carrying it plus the furniture can be badly hurt. Always cleanup the entire area of such rubbish and make clear way for the moving. Also, make it a point to keep the furniture moving at the end, after all your other stuff, and the first thing to be shifted in a new home.
- Call for experts — Even though you may be feeling like a macho worker during your home shifting, or your friends would insist they are all experienced and ready to cope with any kind of furniture moving and shifting, never try the same on your own. There are chances of you getting severely injured, the furniture getting damaged and other hazards to happen if the task is handled by amateurs. Call for furniture movers in Melbourne like Charles Hughes Removals who are experienced in lifting and moving any type of furniture and also provide the best transportation and equipment to handle this project easily for you. Trust such good professional movers and let them deal with this moving.
- Check for the tapes and wraps and sliders — Though professionals are there to take care of your furniture with all the desired equipment, be sure to check for the bubble wraps for the mirrored sides, the tapes that can close the cabinet doors and drawers properly after you lock them without fail, and even sliders for easy moving process. These steps would ensure double safety and protection of your furniture –which is very crucial in order to get them transported safely.
- Avoid moving furniture on a wet day — Furniture moving and handling can take hours. Especially when it is carried in and out of the transportation vehicles (while taking out from the old house and placing in the new home). If you find a wet weather report, delay the task until the next day. There’s a chance of it getting damaged and wet in rain and snow. Always pack and move on a dry day for better convenience.
With furniture, you have to be double careful as compared to the other items in the house. A proper check on all the points above and following of these without fail guarantee a hassle free, safer house relocating even with heavy furniture!