The second edition and month-long celebration are back in 2019 which will be going to start from 2nd February. The festival aims at experiencing the vibrant cultures and traditions of the country which is led by Sahapedia in partnership with UNESCO. The event starts with zeal and enthusiasm of participants, the walk focuses on getting absorbed in the cultural heritage of the country. Step into the second year of the festival in the Ahmedabad City – a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Unwind the treasures of history, multiple faiths and move ahead, it is the beginning to the second year of the festival. Some cultural walks will also initiate in Chennai, Udaipur, Delhi, Pondicherry, and Pune.
The 2019 calendar is marked up with the guided walks, talks, workshop, and many other things that cover the spectrum of cultural India. During the walk, the participants are allowed to interact with the locals and experience their rich cultures and customs. The first edition of India Heritage Walk Festival won the PATA Gold Award of the year 2018. Over 80 walks in 35 + different cities across the world that makes the foundation rethink and rediscover the second edition of this tour.
The Success of IHWF
The entire event was commissioned by the joint efforts of UNESCO, Sahapedia NDMC, and Odigos. Sahapedia is an open online resource on the cultures, arts, and glorious history of India. The platform is a collection of watch videos, listen to the interviews, read articles, and browse the image galleries while discovering the historic sites and natural areas through virtual walks, interactive maps, and timelines. In addition, IHWF is also associated with the Odigos which is also an online platform which connects tourists to certified guides in India.
IHWF 2019 planned schedule
India Heritage Walk Festival aims to unwind the rich heritage and cultures of the country with a walk that covers markets, museums, interesting natural landscapes, rich cuisines, historic monuments, to women-oriented narratives and others. The main focus has been encouraged and increases various forms of rendezvous with interesting and important heritage spaces that ensure these heritage spaces are available to different group audiences. Specific walks and events with special groups like students, travelers, local resident and professional groups like conservationists, photographers, etc.
The IHWF 2019 will also include children’s, many different-abled and economically disadvantaged background people. The group of visually-impaired students can also enjoy the heritage walks around Mukteshwar Temple of Bhubaneswar and Gilbert Hill of Mumbai. A walk through Nehru Children’s Museum in Kolkata also included for underprivileged children.
Major highlights of Heritage Walk Tours in India
- Delhi has a major attraction in the innumerable range of heritage walk tours which offers the best Delhi Sightseeing journey.
- These heritage walk plans are the best way to get introduced with the Sanjhi – a paper cutting art by stencil, this art is originated in Vrindavan.
- Taste the age-old delights of Banarasi food trail in the most popular holy city of Varanasi.
- Explore the busy lanes of Bandra while enjoying the heritage walk in Mumbai.
- The colors, designs, the glamor of a textile tour through the block-printing places of Jaipur and get a chance to experience the vibrancy of Rajasthani cultures. The Rajasthan Tour Packages widely includes the major attractions of Jaipur in its itinerary.
- Unwind the chapters of the history in the Western Ghat of Itafort in Itanagar of Arunachal Pradesh.
- Discover the enriched beauty of garden city Bangalore.
Become a part of 2019 India Heritage Walk Festival that starts from 2nd of February and experience the rich cultures, traditions, and customs of India. The walk is a guided tour which is designed to cater the wanderlust of various age groups. The walk leaders are very dedicated researchers and enthusiasts who made their best efforts to unclose the heritage to the audience.