Generators are definitely one of the most essential devices for both home and office. Now-a-days, it is very hard for people to spend even a minute without electricity and hence generators have a great importance in everyone’s life. Before getting your generator installed, take some measures to ensure that your generator is in perfect condition and always hire a certified technician or an authorised service dealer to install it.
A generator is described as a powerful device which has the ability to convert mechanical energy to electrical energy. There are many generator companies selling the best generators in UAE. One such company is IVECO UAE. But you must take the following measures before getting your generator installed at your office or at home.
- Ensure that the equipment as well as its accessories abides by the latest version of any standard which are applicable to the generator.
- When you unpack your generator from its carton, examine it thoroughly to ensure that the equipment was not damaged during shipping.
- Charge the batteries completely before inserting them into your generator.
- Place the unit outdoors in guarding enclosure where enough air is available for cooling and ventilation and that too in an unobstructed manner.
- Not only this, place your generator on a surface which is above the ground level in order to avoid contact with the rising water level. Ensure that the surface is non-conducting as well as non-combustible.
- Install your generator quite close to the location of fuel supply and transfer switch. By doing so, you will be able to reduce the length of the cabling and piping. You can have a large fuel tank to store fuel, but to be able to do this, you must have a permit. The size of your fuel pipe and its construction and layout must adhere to NFPA 54 and NFPA 58 for natural gas applications and liquid propane applications respectively.
- Ensure that only an automatic transfer switch is used to connect your generator and electrical system supplied by the utility. This is done to make sure that there is isolation between the distribution system and the electric system of the generator.
After going through the tips listed above, you can safely install your generator now. Generators manufactures by IVECO are very easy to install and can work smoothly for many years.