HP printer is among the top rated printers and is widely preferred for personal, professional, and commercial use. Giving a wide range of printing devices that come up with high-quality results, HP printers render multiple services of scanning, printing, and faxing. Apart from the printing service, its users are also being offered with a user friendly HP Customer Services.
However, there are cases when users encounter problems with their HP printer. One critical error of HP printers is network error. When the printer does not receive the printing command (or any other command) sent via internet, possibly the printer is going offline constantly or not receiving print commands in any way.
If so, find the troubleshooting steps to fix the problem or simply connect to HP Support for instant help.
How to fix HP Printer Command error?
- Turn on the computer and connect it with the HP printer model you have
- Reboot the Pinter by switching it off and disconnecting it from the main power supply
- Wait for a few minutes to finish the booting process and restart the printer
- Check that the HP Pinter you want to fix is properly connected and installed on your computer
- If the Pinter is unable to connect to you PC, make sure that your system has HP printer driver
- In many cases, the PC does not detect if the printer is connected to it or not. In such a case, update or re-install the printer driver.
- If you are unable to install or detect the issue, get HP Printer Support for instant help
- Connect to a stable internet network with strong signal strength
- Using Manage Printers right, log on to your computer
- You can also access the rights by a local administrator account if the Manage Printer option is no working for you
- Press the Start button and then go to Devices and Printers
- On the Printer icon or option, click right and select ‘See What’s Printing’ to see the printer spooler window
- Click the Printer option displayed on the Windows and the click on “Use Printer Offline” in order to remove the mark in the box, this will enable your printer to connect to the internet
- Shut the printer spooler page and go back to Devices and Printers
- Launch HP printer driver and make sure it is updated
- If you have recently downloaded the printer driver, execute the directions that come with the software. Next, follow the steps to connect the printer with internet and come online:
- Go to control panel and search for troubleshooter at the upper-right corner of the driver’s page
- Select Troubleshooting option
- When directed to the next page, go to Hardware and Sound option
- Select “Use a Printer” and perform the instructions displayed on the screen
This troubleshooting measure will try to diagnose and resolve the error of internet connection of your HP printing device. If you are looking for much-easier way to resolve the error, or any error related to HP printer, get assistance from HP Customer Services.