When we define block laying, it should be noted that the process is similar to bricklaying and it’s a skill that can be easily perfected by any individual out there. But, it should be remembered that the person should have the correct level of knowledge as well as physical ability to carry out the task.
Also, like any other construction task, it cannot be completed without having the proper tools at your disposal. Furthermore, appropriate health and safety hazards should be implemented along with the obtainment of the right kind of materials for the task. However, you’d be glad to know that the process of block laying carried out by block laying in Brisbane services is similar to the method of laying bricks down. In this article guide, we’ll be going through some of the important tips and facts regarding the procedure of block laying.
The Facts For Blocklaying
- It should be noted that both lighter thermalite and heavier concrete blocks are mostly around 100 metres thick.
- Blocklaying is a faster procedure than bricklaying. This is because one block is the same size as almost six bricks. This helps in the overall decrease in the labour cost for the entire project.
- Bricks and blocks can easily be bonded together with the help of mortar. When two blocks are joined together, the size equals almost three bricks connected with mortar.
- With the help of lighter thermalite blocks, you can expect good insulation control for your home.
- It’s very easy to cut thermalite blocks with the help of a regular saw.
- You can easily drill into a block just like you can do with wood.
- There are small air pockets present inside the thermalite blocks, which are perfect to withstand any damp weather. They also tend to be fire-resistant as well.
- With the help of mortar, glass blocks can easily be laid just like regular blocks.
- Glass blocks are used in buildings so that natural sunlight can easily pass through them.
- As long as the procedure of block laying is practised well, it can be performed by a DIYer. Though sufficient caution should be practised.
Some Important Tips For Blocklaying
- Before using the type of mortar for your blocks, it’s always essential that you perform research and consult the same with a professional. This will help you to know which type of mortar mixes will be right for your task.
- Blocks should always be constantly checked if they’re level with each other. You can stand slightly back from the blocks and see if there’s any drifting to one side or the other.
- It should be remembered that blocks should not be hit with a trowel, which will further change the overall positioning of the blocks.
- Ladders and scaffolding are recommended if the construction is said to be taller in terms of overall height.