Why do a lot of people want to own a hummer if given the chance? What do hummers have that other vehicles do not possess? Why are hummer vehicles expensive? These are just few of the questions that linger in your mind.
There are actually unique features that hummers have that you can’t see in other vehicles. These features are what make them stand out above the rest. That is why they are expensive. But before I will give you the unique characteristics of hummer vehicles, let me tell you first a little history about this vehicle.
Hummer was created in 1979 to meet the Army’s highest standards in a High Mobility Multi-Purpose Wheeled Vehicle (HMMWV). Every year the maker of this vehicle creates a new model to make sure it’s always up-to-date. Year by year they make huge changes and they have a VIN number decoding to be able to identify the model year of different hummers.
Now that you know its history, it is time to give you Hummer’s unique features. Here are some of its one-of-kind characteristics:
- It can still run on flat tires up to 30 miles at 20 mph
- All H1 models are equipped with a Central Tire Inflation System. This means it allows the driver to inflate or deflate the tires within the cabin by flipping a switch
- With CTIF, you can increase the tire air pressure up to 45 psi for heavy loads ( normal tire pressure is only up to 26 psi front, 28 rear)
- It has dual fuel tanks. You can fill up your primary tanks up to 25 gallons and the reserve tanks up to 17 gallons of fuel
- Hummer has a unique traction control system called TorqueTrac4. It prevents wheel spin because TT4 automatically applies the brakes to the wheel that is spinning
These are just some of its unique features. So if really want to own a Hummer but cannot afford a brand new one, you can get it at Salvage World – The number one Salvage Car dealer in the USA. They offer a wide range of salvage vehicles for auctions including HUMMER!