Are you planning to install timber flooring in your home? Do you know how to install them? If not then you only have two options to choose from – Take the risk and do it yourself or hire a professional timber floor installer to do the job. But, before you pick the second option, check first the instruction of the DIY timber flooring in Adelaide installation. Who knows, you might be able to do the task effortlessly.
Here’s what you need to do for the DIY installation of timber floorings:
* HAVE THE RIGHT TOOLS – You cannot do the installation without the right tools. You need to have a square, a measuring tape and a knife. In short, if you want to install timber flooring on your own, you must have a quality carpentry toolkit.
* BEWARE OF THE ROOFLESS HOUSE – ALWAYS remember to NEVER attempt to install timber floorings in a house without a roof. Your effort will just be in vain since it will easily be worn out by humidity.
* CLEAN THE TILES – Make sure that the tiles are clean before laying the new timber. Humidity underneath can cause a negative reaction to the new floor.
* NEVER RUSH – You need to be patient to wait several weeks for the tiled floor to dry. If you rush the process, you will get a horrible result on your timber flooring.
* ELIMINATE THE FLOOR NOISE – There are some wooden floors that make a deafening noise when you walk on them, right? That’s because the foundation of the floor was poorly laid. So, to make sure that your floor is stable and will not squeak every time you walk, make sure to spread a firm material between the timber and the tile floorings. By doing this, you will be spared from the task of reinstalling the timber floors correctly.
* DO THE PLY SHEETING – Yes, there are many materials that can be used to enhance the stability of your timber flooring. They can even be installed above your tiles. And, ply sheeting is one of them. In fact, it is one of the most common materials to use for that purpose. If you want to glue or nail your timber flooring in Adelaide, ply sheets are the right materials for you. All you need to do is spread adhesive on the ply sheet or you can just nail the panels on the ply sheet plane.
* KNOW YOUR BUDGET – If you are on a tight budget then you have no option but to do the timber flooring installation by yourself. But, if you have enough money and you are not confident that you can install the timber floor correctly, then hire a professional timber flooring installer. That way, all you need to do is watch them do the job.
If you are looking for a reliable company that provides and installs quality timber floorings in Adelaide? Timber flooring Adelaide– Classic Timber Flooring is just right here at your service. We are a family company that is committed to quality and excellence. We can assure you of a fine workmanship to provide you the classic and quality floor that you need.
About the Author:
Charmaine Philips is an interior designer who lives with her family in Adelaide Hills. She is a LEED accredited professional and as such, she aims to make designs that offer healthy and sustainable living.