In the past century, several advancements have taken place in the lighting industry, and LED (light-emitting diode) technology is the best example of the advancing lighting technology. The energy efficient, eco-friendly LED Lights are available in several variants for specific lighting applications. Talking specifically about LED Downlights, they are typically meant for directional and ambient lighting in residential as well as commercial setups. Considered as the best solid-state lighting sources for all-purpose illumination, these downlights are quite easily available in different lumen packages and sizes. Nevertheless, there are certain considerations that you must take into account prior to Buying LED Downlights.
LED Downlights Selection Guide
Below-mentioned are some of the points that can be considered as decisive parameters for buying high performance LED Downlights:
- Lumen Output: The output range of the typical LED Downlights is quite remarkable as compared to their conventional counterparts. Most of the LED downlights generate less than 2000 lumens. This generally covers the output range of the majority of conventional incandescent lamps; however, is not equivalent to the lumen output that of higher wattage Fluorescent Lights.
- Colour Characteristics: Always ensure that the colour characteristics should go with the specific lighting requirements of the anticipated application. A wide range of LED Downlights exhibits the colour rendering index (CRI) more than 80. Likewise, the correlated colour temperature (CCT) of the majority of LED Downlights ranges between 2700 K and 4100 K. Nevertheless, you can also buy LED Downlights other than this range.
- Luminous Intensity Distribution: The range of luminous intensity distribution for Downlights different designs such as the retrofit units and the integrated types are generally limited as compared to the conventional downlights. The integrated LED Downlights may offer a better range of very wide or incredibly narrow distributions.
- Illumination Efficacy: As compared to the conventional downlights, LED Downlights have significantly better efficacy. With advanced lighting technology adopted by LED Lights Manufactures, it is very easy to find Downlights that exceed luminous efficacy of80 lm/W.
- Lifetime & Cost: The estimated lifetime of all kinds of LED Lighting Products is generally much longer as compared to the conventional lighting products. And if cost is a significant decisive factor for you, then you should do overall life-cycle cost analysis.
For Buying High Quality LED Downlights in Australia, you can make contact with Olympic Lighting. It is reckoned for offering Cheap LED Downlights in Adelaide (South Australia). Additionally, you can also look for Domestic Light Fittings, Pendant Lights, Oysters Lights, Exterior Garden Lighting, Table Lamps, etc. from the company. Log on to http://www.olympiclighting.com.au/ for detailed information.