Last week, PricewaterhouseCoopers released its sixth annual index of 30 major cities across the world, naming London as the number one centre for business, finance and culture in cities of opportunity. As if we needed more convincing!
Despite beating out cities like New York City and Singapore, London (unsurprisingly to us) came in first in “technology readiness, economic clout and city gateway”.
PwC’s report, which saw London jumping from eighth place last year, only further proves what we have been saying all along about the city – that it’s a great, unparalleled place to live, work and play.
With heavyweight reports like this, who can deny London to be a top notch destination to work in, let alone live in with easy access to the rest of Europe to explore to your heart’s content.
In celebration of London’s success in this report, we’ve put together a list of things we love about London. So if being named number one city by PwC isn’t enough, you’ll at least have these points as a reminder:
* No matter whether it’s rain or shine, there is always something to do in London. That’s thanks to the city’s awesome ability to counter their almost permanent wet weather setting with events run in a way that can’t be dampened
Know more about UK jobs for Australians
* The wet weather doesn’t dampen the moods of those who are so used to it, but the sunny weather sure does lift them! When the sunshine does strike, take a stroll through Hyde Park and Hamstead Heath and just notice the lifted spirits of the Londoners around you and don’t be afraid to enjoy the good vibes
* A weekend away to virtually anywhere in Europe from London is as easy as heading from one capital city to another in Australia. Many flights between London and other major European cities are under two to three hours so in just a couple of hours, you could be exploring a whole different culture
* There’s minimal time spent in transit during your weekend getaways, allowing more time to explore
* Contractor rates in the UK are on the rise, so with the right amount of dedication and persistence, as well as any assistance myOE can offer you; we think you’ll actually find it a bit of a challenge to not find work. For more assistance for UK tier 5 visa contact Myoe.com
* London is a very cosmopolitan city where you will quite literally find people from all cultures and walks of life. This mixed bag of international diversity found at open air theatres, festivals, restaurants, and bars will ensure that you find your niche, no matter what your tastes are or where you’re from.
We could keep going but the list might never end if we did. So there you have it, just some of the things that we think makes London number one.
Source: Myoe.com – MyOE was established in 1998 to help professionals relocate to the UK for work by assisting with all aspects of the move from planning the relocation to providing a hub that can offer several tailored employment and UK youth mobility visa solutions, through to arrival and beyond.
MyOE offer the best overseas experience and UK youth mobility visa deals on the market. MyOE makes sure you land on your feet in your new country and save on tax in your new job. Our tier 5 UK visa service guarantees more take home pay.