Transferring to a new school is a big life change amongst already stressed out college students. Many find the transfer application process to be challenging. Since there are too many details involved, it can get overwhelming.
Campus Reel has detailed information on University of Miami transfer requirements. You have answers to all your queries regarding University transfers on their website. First, you’ll be required to submit an application form. A non-refundable payment of $70 has to be made for application fee. Include the same email address in every part of application form.
There will be a section where you would have to write the reason for your transfer using 650 words or less. Use that section as an opportunity to articulate your thoughts and put it down in words clearly. There will be a column where you would be required to list all your extracurricular activities which would be taken into account during your admission process.
Transfer Application Requirements:
- Minimum GPA of 3.4
- Those who attended more than one college/university are required to submit transcripts from each of those colleges. In case of lesser than 30 college credits, submit your official high school transcript.
- Those with lesser than 30 college credits must submit SAT/ACT test score.
- Get a letter of recommendation from one professor/ instructor
Transfer credit policy:
- The minimum grade accepted is C
- Earn your bachelor’s degree by taking 45 credits in residence at the University of Miami
Official college transcripts:
Those who have attended more than one college/ university are required to send details of the university to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to the University address.
Complete the college report:
A college official who has access to your academic and disciplinary information has to submit the college report to the University. Submit a report for every postsecondary institution attended. Those who are pursuing a course in any University/college on a part-time basis (11 or fewer credits) don’t have to submit college report.
Letter of recommendation:
Universities require a letter of recommendation from a professor, college academic advisor, college instructor or a recent employer. This letter can be sent electronically through the common app or as an attachment in an email by the person, who is writing your recommendation to email@example.com or snail mail it to the University address.
Additional requirements when enrolling for special programs:
If you are applying for Bachelor of Architecture, Frost School of Music or Theatre Arts B.F.A, submit the supplemental application, portfolio, and/ or schedule an audition.
- For the spring semester: The application postmark deadline is January 5th with the decision notification on rolling basis beginning in September. The confirmation postmark deadline is January 14th.
- For the fall semester: The application postmark deadline is June 1st with the decision notification on rolling basis beginning in February. The confirmation postmark deadline is August 1st.
If the deadline falls on Saturday, a Monday postmark is acceptable. If only limited number of transfer students is accepted for a semester, the admission may be closed before the stated date. Applications received after the stated deadline is considered on a space-available basis. Make sure you submit the application on time.