The mineral processing practice exists since human civilization. Minerals and products extracted from minerals have formed the development cultures of human society. In this article, mineral grinding solutions providing experts will share useful information about mineral operations. All the information shared through this post will enhance understanding of the individual machines, their functionality and operation.
You must know what the mineral, rock, and ore is and how each of them is different.
Minerals are of two types- natural and man made. Natural minerals are the coal, diamond, etc. Man made or artificial minerals are similar to raw minerals; however, these are treated by individuals accordingly. It includes slag, concrete, glass and ceramics, etc.
Processing of mineral
The main objective behind mineral processing is to produce maximum value from available raw material. During the process, material is being crushed to defined size and shape. There are some common technologies used by the factories to process minerals, such as-
- Drilling – and blasting – this technology involves achieving primary fragmentation of leach minerals. Drilling is the first step of the processing of minerals that is mostly followed in case of every mineral except sand and gravel.
- Crushing and screening – This technology is the initial step to control size reduction during the process. This is the foremost and critical stage in aggregate production and preparation for further size reduction process.
- Grinding – this stage of size reduction involves processing of dry and wet materials. Generally, mineral powder is produced at this stage.
- Slurry processing – this stage involves special facility where wet processing of mineral fractions take place.
- Pyro processing – this stage includes technology for upgrading the mineral fractions by calcining, drying, or sintering.
- Materials handling – In this stage, dry processed material flow is sent forward by loading, transportation, storage, and feeding.
- Compaction – in this stage, moving and denitrification of minerals take place by vibration, impaction and pressure. This technology is usually applied in construction.
What is mineral processing and hardness?
All deposits of rock, minerals, or ores have distinct level of hardness, which is mostly; rely on the chemical composition and the geological environment.
Size and hardness
All operations in the mineral processing are done in different environments due to mineral hardness and size range. Mineral processing team should know in which range it is operating as this will impact on several process parameters, such as wear rate, operation costs, up time, etc.
Stress forces of rock mechanics are the guiding fundamentals that help in equipment design, systems layout, in wear protection, etc. They cannot be ignored and have to be considered every time.
- Front service
- Size reduction and control
- Materials handling
Dry or wet operation
Dry processing is when no water is required for processing and no water is used during processing.
Wet processing involves water use during processing for better efficiency. It results in dust-free operation.
Mineral grinding solutions manufacturers and suppliers out there in the market use to share guidelines and tips on carrying out processes. In doubt, you can always contact the experts and avail pro assistance for performing mineral processing.