Many homeowners struggle with the task of striking a balance between form and function when attempting to ascertain the most valuable home improvement projects in today’s day and age. However, if you take a step back and eliminate the notion of largely ineffectual DIY projects and other initiatives that don’t bolster your home’s resale value or its functionality, the picture immediately becomes much clearer.
In that same breath, the most cost-effective home addition options are classified as “fixtures”, which means they are permanently attached or affixed to a given property and become an integral part of the home (or business) as a whole. In this regard, let’s take a closer look at the modernised assortment of patio systems and outdoor awnings in Melbourne, which are two of the most lucrative fixtures available nowadays.
In its simplest form, an awning is essentially a sunshade fixture comprised of a durable composite frame, woven canopy, and some sort of retraction mechanism. However, awnings are fully customisable and come in a wide range of different colours, textures, hues, and designs, which is why they’re the perfect value-added addition to any type of thematic décor or aesthetic scheme. So if you opt for an awning installation, you’ll start enjoying the following benefits from day one:
- Bigger Boundaries: You’ll be able to extend the perceived length of your property’s boundaries by implementing a contemporary sunshade that’s unobstructed by unruly posts or cumbersome beams. Simply stated, the building will look more formidable and your estate will look larger, not to mention the bolstered curb appeal that comes in tow.
- Decreased Utility Bills: When the sun is at its peak position during the day, you’ll be able to restrict the hot, harmful rays from entering your home, which will alleviate the strain on your AC unit or HVAC system.
- UV Protection: Not only can you escape the sun’s harmful UV rays by extending the awning, but you’ll also prevent those same rays from damaging and fading your furniture.
- Easy Advertising (for businesses): With a personalised fabrication process, you can implement logos, slogans, company names, and graphics directly onto the canopy, which provides a frugal advertising vehicle with no running expenses.
As one of the fastest growing home improvement options in terms of popularity, patio systems are incredibly good-looking and allow you to completely transform your outdoor area. These systems can be installed on existing structures or they can be constructed on a standalone basis. Modernised patio systems also come equipped with an innovative retraction system that can provide a viable roofing solution with the simple push of a button.
Some of the salient advantages of today’s patio systems are shown below:
- On-demand UV and heat protection.
- Custom-made architectural designs and profiles that can be precisely engineered to fit the property’s aesthetic theme.
- Easy to operate and fully retractable.
- Robust components and durable constructs ensure longevity and stability.
- Bolsters any given property’s intrinsic value.